“You’ll be fine.” Jo promised.

I smiled for her. “Thanks, Jo.”

Then I was walking into the radio office and introduced to a guy with dark skin, an Afro of black curls and massive headphones hanging around his neck.

“Hey there, darling.” The guy grinned at me, showing off brilliantly white teeth. “I’m Haydon, the host of Radio Six.”

“Hi, Haydon.” I said, relaxing as his carefree attitude washed over me and shaking his proffered hand. “It’s nice to meet you, thanks for having me here.”

“My pleasure.” He led me into the studio, where another guy sat opposite him with a big hunk of technological equipment. “That’s Ronnie. He’s our muso. I’ll just get you to put on these headphones…”

I did as I was told, slipping the headphones over my curls.

Ron showed me the microphone and positioned me where to sit.

Haydon slipped his headphones over his ears. “Alright. Ronnie, start the count down!”

“And we’re live in 3, 2, 1.” Ronnie said.

“Hello Darwin!” Haydon announced right off the bat. “Did you miss me? Or did the marvelous voice of Bruno Mars distract you?”

I giggled. He winked at me.

“Right now we have a special guest. A very special guest. Remember how yesterday I interviewed the one and only ‘5 Seconds of Summer’ on here? Well, today it’s their opening act’s turn. This is: Delilah Cook!”

Ronnie gestured for me to speak.

Smiling anxiously, I greeted the listeners. “Hey there, Darwin.”

“So how’s Darwin treating you, Miss Cook?”

“Please call me Delilah.” I laughed. “Miss Cook makes me feel like a teacher.”

Haydon laughed at the face I pulled when I said this. “Alright then, Delilah.”

“Darwin is treating me very well.” I fanned my face dramatically. “It’s just so hot!”

Haydon laughed again. “Preaching to the choir here. How has your tour been going?”

“Just awesome!” I exclaimed. “It’s been such an incredible experience to do a national tour, the fans are amazing I love you all! And ‘5 Seconds of Summer’ is such a great band to work with.”

“Breaking any hearts here?” Haydon teased.

I knew he was teasing, but my heart still sank.

I winked at him. “A lady never tells.”

Haydon laughed. “Very sneaky, Delilah. Now, how about a song?”

“Right now?”

“When else?”

I smiled. “That was a silly question of mine.”

Haydon grinned. “Happens to the best of us.”

Ronnie handed me a guitar and I strummed it lightly, musing on my song choice.

“This song is one I wrote when I was about fourteen or so. It's not as polished as some of my other songs, but I was going through a bit of an identity loss phase. So, this is A Place In This World.”

I started strumming the guitar nostalgically, letting the tune come to me.

I don't know what I want, so don't ask me

Cause I'm still trying to figure it out

Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking

Trying to see through the rain coming down

Even though I'm not the only one

Who feels the way I do

I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know

I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on

Oh, I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world

Got the radio on, my old blue jeans

And I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve

Feeling lucky today, got the sunshine

Could you tell me what more do I need

And tomorrow's just a mystery, oh yeah

But that's ok

I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know

I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on

Oh, I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world

Maybe I'm just a girl on a mission

But I'm ready to fly

I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know

I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on

Oh I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know

Oh I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world

Oh I'm just a girl

Oh I'm just a girl, oh, oh,

Oh I'm just a girl

Haydon and Ronnie burst into applause.

I blushed and ducked my head.

“That was awesome!” Haydon exclaimed. “Delilah Cook, I think you are the next big thing, girlfriend.”

I laughed. “Thanks, Hay.”

“Yes! I’m on a nickname basis with a future superstar!” Haydon fist pumped wildly and I dissolved into laughter.

Ronnie was shaking his head at Haydon’s antics, hiding his chuckles.

“We’ll be right back with Delilah, folks, so don’t run away just yet.” Haydon said, grinning. “Now how about we put on some Justin Bieber for you while you sit in anticipation?”

Ronnie pressed a few buttons and gestured for me to take my headphones off.

I did, still laughing.

“Nice work, Delilah.” Haydon said, warmly. “Hard to believe this is your first radio interview.”

I smiled. “Feels like it, though.”

Haydon chuckled. “Nerves, huh?”

“So many.” I shook my head. “I’m a bundle of nerves, you should see me before my concerts.”

Haydon grinned. “I’ll make sure to mention that.”

“Sneaky.”

“Headphones.” Ronnie ordered. “And 3, 2, 1!”

“Welcome back, Darwin!”

Hey There, Delilah - A 5 Seconds of Summer storyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara