Plan Cancelled

Sirius POV
James told me about how harry tricked him. I was furious at the boy. We decided to play fool with him until tomorrow - the quidditch contest.

James would humiliate him in front of the whole school by winning.Remus would lure him till the forbidden forest. Then me and Peter would ambush him.

And finally after signing billion s of autographs(Fine, this was a drag) James would come and teach him a lesson.

Next we had Charms class. According to plan Remus had to gain Harry s trust but not be too obvious. Sirius and James would fake grin at him occasionally. And Peter would stay out of his way.
***
What the marauders didn't know was that there was a flaw in the plan. They hadn't even considered Harry winning, since James was the best flyer of the decade. They were right but harry was not of this decade.

Harry POV
I was talking with Remus in charms. But due to Harry's observing skills he knew that since yesterday Remus was suspicious of him. And today he was being over friendly. Something was wrong.
'Cut it out. Come to the point.'
'What?'
'Why are you acting over friendly? Is this an act?'

'Not at all. Why would I need to act in front of my friend.'
'If you call me your friend then where were you yesterday?'
'That's private. You are my friend but I have not known you long enough to trust you with this'

'Good reason. Tomorrows the contest?'
'Oh yeah!'
'You are betting on James like the others arent you?'
'Yeah but I have an offer. If you lose tommorows match we can visit the forbidden forest.'

'What for?' Harry asked suspiciously.
'A friendly stroll to get to know you better.'
'Sure' said harry though had to find out what was going on. It seemed confusing.

Lily POV
She heard James and Sirius talk in whispers in front of her. If she strained her ear she could hear them. She wasn't interested in their guy talk until they came upto one word 'Granger' which caught her attention.

'Granger has been fooled. He will come to the forest with Remus for a "friendly stroll" '
'Bet how friendly it will be.'
'Remember how to ambush him'
'I will'

Lily was horrified. The marauders as they called themselves were crazy. They seemed to have a plan to ambush Harry Granger and probably beat him up. But why? Did he deserve it? No he probably didn't. They must have misunderstood. She needed to warn him.

After class 'Hey Harry'
'Hey Lily' he replied casually.
Oh man was he hot!
'I w-wanted to say s-something'
'Tell me then' he smirked.
And she revealed him the marauders plan. Harry looked stern.
'And what is the cause of this plan?'
'I dont know.'
'But why did you inform me first of all?' Harrys eyes narrowed.
'I tell you the plan. In return, you suspect me' I asked pretending to sob and act hurt.

'I'm sorry Lily. And thank you for helping me' he said sincerely.
I continued to pretend sobbing.
'Hey its okay. I said I'm sorry'
He put his arm around her nervously and patted her on the shoulder.
I burst out laughing.
'You naughty girl.' He grinned.
I knew that next hogsmeade was this Sunday.
'Harry wanna meet at hogsmeade this Sunday at the three broomsticks.'
'Are you Lily Evans asking me on a date?'
I blushed 'um maybe' I replied her face the colour of her hair.

'Sorry to dissapoint you but I have a girlfriend lily' harry said.
'Okay' said Lily heart shattering completely disappointed.
'But we can hang out and drink butterbeer'
'Okay then' she said half heartedly.
'Bye Lily. Don't get dissapointed. And wait a second - '
'Yeah?'
'James really likes you. Give him a chance. You mean the world to him.'

Lily's eyes were blazing.
'First you reject me. Then tell me whom to date. Sorry I wont'
'Please Lily please. He's a good guy Lily please. You don't deserve me. I am pathetic. You deserve much more like James. James loves you Lily. Give him a chance. Please. For me.'

Lily cried and rushed to the washroom.

And suddenly he was engulfed in a hug by Sirius.
'I heard that last part. I was wrong. You are not bad. You are much better than the best harry.'

'And yet you and your friends plan to ambush me and beat me up. Talk about pathetic.'

'Sorry about that. James saw you yesterday hugging Lily. He thought you two were dating so he went mad. But I know now. Lily asked you out but you rejected her because of James. You are a noble person harry. I was mistaken. Forgive me Harry.'

'I forgive you sirius. Truce?'

'Always truce.'

'Now I have to tell James what you really are. And we have to cancel that plan of ours. Though the contest shall be there'.

'You bet it will.' Harry smirked.