The First Sister (Altair X Reader)

Start from the beginning

Altair turned into an alley, his hand on his blade in case he was jumped. The city was full with guards, more than the day before. It seemed with each passing day as the Nightingale's name was passed on more guards would be on duty in the streets, waiting to strike and turn in the mysterious figure if caught. He could be their next target if he wasn't too careful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This heat is killing me, you thought as you kept shadowing the man in white. Sweat ran down your face and your clothing stuck to your body, you were in dire need of water. But for right now your main target was the man in front of you.

You landed quietly on the dirt and followed far enough behind the man, your eyes catching his pouch. As you approached him with your hand extended to his back, you instantly slowed down as you saw him turn his head slightly to the side, so you instantly moved to the opposite side hoping he wouldn't see you. And thankfully he didn't because he resumed his normal speed as before. You then went back to extend your arm.

You were so close to him that you could almost slips your hand into his pocket. You bit your lip as you focused on your objective, you weren't paying attention to what else was happening. Just a little more reach and his goods were yours.

That was until he stopped and you crashed into his back, your face buried into his clothing and soon you were harshly thrown up onto the cement wall in the alley. You squinted your eyes tightly and covered your head with your hands expecting a beating from the stranger for attempting to pickpocket him.

"What do you think you're doing?" You hear him say roughly. His large hands gripped your shirt tightly, hoisting you up onto your tiptoes. You struggled to get away as you clawed at his arm, the fabric of his clothing tangling with your fingers.

"I'm sorry! I-I mistook you for someone else!"

Your trembling and stuttering proved to him otherwise. He closed in on you, and that's when your fears became worse about the man. You could hear the shank of metal being brought out, and you watched in fear as he brought the small blade that was attached to his bracer up to your neck. You swallowed the lump in your throat and turned your head away.

"Alright, I'm sorry! Just put me down, man!"

Your hood masked your voice to mistake you for a young man, but as you pleaded for mercy the man in front of your lowered his blade a little only to pull your hood down and away from your face. He was shocked to see a woman, (h/c) hair that complemented her skin well and (e/c) eyes filled with fear, it was then his blade began to slowly fall to his side and go back into his bracer.

"A woman?" He asked, completely befuddled.

"Yes, a woman," you retorted sarcastically, your fear suddenly degrading from your body, "have you not seen one before?"

Altair looked you over. You wore clothing similar to men's which was odd, and you had weapons and leather strapped along your hips and over your shoulders. You were no ordinary citizen. There were cuts on your cheek and one along the bridge of your nose, clearing showing the man that you were accustomed to combat.

"What?" you say as you notice his staring. Your hands were now on your hips as you waited for an answer, eventually he spoke to you.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Why do you care? Aren't you going to kill me?" You ask. He shook his head no which surprised you.

"You're not?"