Battlefield

Usagi's POV
Once Seiya and I had arrived at the restaurant and were shown our seats, we started taking a look at the menu. "Uh...Seiya? Where did you take me? I can't read this menu at all." I say, flipping through the pages. I hear giggling from over at the other end of the table, so I peek over the menu. Seiya had been giggling at me the whole time! "While I never-" I started, until he reached to grab the menu from me. "Gee, I'm sure it must've been hard to read alright. It's upside down." he examines, while turning the menu right side up. "Is that better for you?" he asks with a sly smile upon his face. I feel myself blush with embarrassment. I prop my elbows on the table and hold the menu at eye level. "Perfect." I answer as I attempt to hide my face. "I see, so what will you be having, my dear?" Seiya asks from across the table. I eye the choices once more. "I think I'll have the-" I start, but get distracted as I lift my gaze from the menu and look toward the entrance of the restaurant. I couldn't believe what my sight had set upon. It was Mamoru...and his other woman... A knot twists inside my stomach as I gather what I can just by looking at them. His date was rather beautiful. She was wearing a fitted black dress that had shown off her curves and perfect long legs. Her hair was auburn brown and it had laid upon her shoulders in such elegant curls. She had a sophisticated looking face that says 'I'm a woman by day and yours by night'. I couldn't believe it. By the way they look, they just seem so perfect for each other. No wonder he would seem more interested in her than me... "Usagi? Hello? You in there tonight?" I snap out of my dreadful thoughts and look back to Seiya because in case I've forgotten, he is my date right now. "Hm?" I question. "Are you okay?" he asks worriedly. "Oh yeah, I'm fine. I just...lost track of all the delicious items on the menu." I joke, while eyeing the list once more. "Why don't you just order for me? You did say it would be the best dinner I'd ever have. I trust you." I say with a wink. I notice him nod and so I fold my menu back to it's original state and set it down. The waiter comes up to our table. "Hi, I'm Kou and I'll be your waiter for the evening. What can I get for you?" he politely asks. As Seiya orders our entrees, my mind wanders somewhere else. I keep thinking about Mamoru and his new girlfriend. Wait? Did he know I was gonna be here? Did he bring his girlfriend here just to spite me? Why the nerve of that guy! ...Wait...no...that couldn't be it because he left before I did. If it was the other way around where he left after I did, it would've made more sense for him to be able to follow me. Plus, I just met this Seiya person, in front of me, just a little while ago. Oh, I wonder where they're sitting.... I subconciously look around the restaurant from where Seiya and I sat. ...found him... Let's just say it wasn't that hard to find him and his date sitting in the booth right beside us...

Mamoru's POV
I was off to pick up my date at the airport. Katsuragu Naomi. She lives in America, but she grew up in Tokyo and she's here for a few days to meet me. Once I arrive at the airport, I didn't have to wait long. Remembering what her picture had looked like, it wasn't much trouble for me to spot her. Her elegant curls laid upon her shoulders, the black dress she wore to show off her curves, and the kind of expression that shows she's all woman. Quite the opposite of Usagi. It said in her profile that Naomi was 25. That's two years older than me and seven years than Usagi. Naomi's looking for a suitable partner, that's soon to take over an elite business and it sounds...like I'm just her type. However, I can't say that she's the same for me... I really hope there isn't too much trouble that follows all of this. I start walking up to the lady in her seat and introduce myself. "Hello, Ms. Katsuragu. I'm Chiba Mamoru. It's an honor to meet you." I bow to show what I had just said was true. Naomi stands up and returns the gesture. "The pleasure's all mine. Please, call me Naomi." she says with a smile. "Well Naomi, I believe we have some acquainting to do. Would you like to go out for dinner?" I ask as I help take her bags in one hand. "That would be splendid! I haven't eaten at all since I left! I'm part famished." she exclaims, grabbing onto my arm as we start to walk towards the exit. Wow, that's sorta like Usagi to be hungry like that. I smile to myself thinking of my lovely Usako. How could she not be the only one for me? I can't wait till this is over with so I can make things right. Naomi and I make it to Argento. It's a famous Italian restaurant right here in Tokyo. As we were checking in, I'd noticed the scenery. It was so beautiful and breath taking. 'I really must take Usagi here' I thought to myself until my eyes had caught something truly unexpected. A woman that had looked like my Usako, was sitting at a table looking at the restaurant's menu. Oh great, now I'm imagining things because I'm thinking of her too much. If it was my Usako, she'd probably order everything off the list to be honest. A little moment after, the doorman was taking Naomi and I to our table. I noticed he was taking us to the booth right beside the Usagi look-alike. Then I noticed something as we were approaching closer... The Usagi look-alike was Usagi! She's here? Why is she here?? Did she follow us? No, wait, if she did, she wouldn't be with the guy in front of her... WHO IS THAT GUY IN FRONT OF HER?? Why is there a guy, other than me, sitting with my Usako?! I took the seat parallel to the unknown guy and Naomi in the seat parallel to Usagi. I looked over at her and like some unbeknownst force, she looked over towards me and we both locked eyes. In some strange way, we started talking to each other in our minds. 'What are you doing here?' Usagi thought nervously. 'Me? What about you? I didn't think you would stoop so low as to go find someone else right after I dumped you.' I sternly accused, but I was only stating what was being saw. 'I didn't go out and find someone. I bumped into him on the street! What's your excuse?!' she defended. 'Geez Usagi, I knew you were clumsy, but I didn't know you would just fall over any other guy on the street.' I taunted. I mentally kick myself again. I knew better than this, but somehow, I just couldn't hold back. 'Fine! Have it your way! Just don't regret what you deserve.' she finished and went back to talking to her date. Baka! She doesn't understand what I'm trying to do for her at all! What I'm trying to do for us! "Um, Usagi? Are you sure you're okay?" I hear the guy sitting parallel of me ask her. Usagi eyes me first before speaking. "Of course I'm sure! I just got lost in your indigo marbles." I hear her respond. Was she- was she flirting with him? "Aww, that's sweet of you, but if I had to say which pair of eyes I'd rather be staring into, it would be your cerulean stained, glass-eyed jewels." I hear him comment. Usagi then reaches out and puts her hand on top of his. "Oh Seiya, you're too kind." she thanks him as she puts her free hand over her heart. Oh, so his name is Seiya. Fine. It takes two to tango. "Hey Naomi, have I told you that since I met you, you look truly beautiful tonight." I compliment her. "Oh Mamoru, you are seriously such a gentleman. I'm truthfully grateful that our parents set this up." she said enthusiastically. At that moment, I sincerely wish Usako hadn't heard that last statement.