Chapter 5: a history tale never told

Josie’s P.O.V

“Lexie, Lexie, Lexie,” I said as I poked my older sister’s face. She hadn’t woken during the night which was a good thing. She had been waking up screaming almost every night for the past month if she didn’t wake up screaming she would wake with a fright and she wouldn’t go back to sleep. But the thing that worried me most is that she won’t tell me what happened to her. All I know is that she was kidnapped by a man who did bad things to young girls and Alex was not an exception.

“Go away Jose,” she mumbled as she rolled over hiding her face from me. Alex has never been a morning person. She has a rule for David ‘don’t talk to me about work until I have finished my first cup of coffee,’

“Dave sent me up here, look at the time,” I said pushing my watch into her face. It was 11:30 on a Tuesday I should be at school but David bought me home early because he and Alex had the day off. Uncle Aaron had given Dave a career’s leave day and said Alex could take a sick leave day. Meaning we are all able to spend the day together, something that we haven’t been able to do in a long time.

She opened her eyes and sat up, “shouldn’t you be at school?” she asked rubbing her eyes and poking me in the stomach.
“Nope, Dave brang me home early so we can spend the day together, that is if you get out of bed,” I smiled poking her back 
“It’s brought, not brang,” she corrected me as always. “And I’m getting there,”

Alex dragged herself out of bed, and we walked down the stairs together. Dave greeted us with a smile, “there are some croissants in the fridge and I just made coffee,” he told Alex looking up from his laptop “I guess those pills work,” he added with a joking tone
“what pills?” I asked planting myself into a seat
“I needed help sleeping so I took a couple of sleeping pills,” Alex explained placing a croissant in the microwave.

We let Alex change thankfully she wanted to wear her maxi dress and jacket meaning I didn’t have to help her change. Everyone got into David’s Audi Coupe. Some people at my school are always jealous   because David is quite wealthy but he doesn’t care about money that much that’s why he and Alex still continue to work they do it because they enjoy the work they do putting bad people in places where they can’t hurt anyone else.

“Alex, I rescheduled your ultrasound for Thursday. It’s ok with Hotch if you take the day off, so that means you can’t weasel yourself out of it,” David explained  Alex has a skill of getting herself out of doctors appointments and other things like going to the optometrist.
“Oh joy,” she replied sarcastically “anyway what’s the plan for today?”
“there isn’t a plan really we might catch a movie but we go out to dinner tonight,”   

We spent the day in the park walking around. We had lunch in a small café and later that afternoon after we returned home David said “girls go get ready but remember it’s a casual dinner so don’t wear any formal dresses,” he emphasized the word formal because Alex had been wearing dresses or skirts when she could so that she didn’t have to ask for help to get changed.

“Are you planning on telling us where we are going?”  I asked walking towards the stair well.
“You’ll know when we get there,” he smiled as he walked the opposite way to his study.

David’s P.O.V
Alex and Josie went up stairs to get changed and I walked to my study. I pulled the cooler out from underneath the table where I had hidden it this morning. And walked to the kitchen I could hear the girls upstairs. Our home was full of the noises of an average morning getting ready, “Josie have you seen my Converses?” Alex called
“which ones? You have about seven pairs,” Josie called back
“my black ones, oh never mind I found them,” I could hear her door open and I walked down the hallway so that I could see the railing outside her room “Dave do I have time for a shower?” she asked she had a removable cast now so she didn’t have to worry so much about having showers and stuff but she still had some coordination issues when it came to getting changed without help