Chapter 27: Key To My Heart

Start from the beginning

I somehow managed to set my head free and slowly tried to get myself free. Only the arm that was around my waist tightened and he drew me closer, resting his head on my chest as he continued to sleep. Now I was stuck. “Damn it, Lou…” I muttered, sighing. He was making this really awkward for me.

After his arm started to relax I reached over and grabbed a pillow, moving myself and putting the pillow in my place. Louis hugged the shit out of it, digging his face into it. Jesus Christ, I thought. I got out of the covers, dying of hunger and not wanting to wake Louis up from his sleep. I ran in the bathroom, wracking a brush through my hair quickly before grabbing my flip flops and putting them on.

I quickly and quietly snuck out of my cabin, taking my phone off the dresser before I left. I sighed as I started walking down the pier. It was noon and nobody was up. I guess everyone went to bed pretty late yesterday. I tiredly rubbed my head as I found myself walking along the many-opened shops. I wondered what time I went to bed last night. I was still quite tired, but my stomach was demanding food.

“Dude, watch out-“ I heard someone say.

Before I could react, I ran right into someone. Something wet splashed over my shirt. I gasped, looking down at my wet shirt. “Shit- I’m so sorry!” A voice started.

I looked up, seeing two guys standing and gaping in shock. I swallowed, looking down at my shirt again. “Oh, my God… Listen-“

“It’s okay.” I said, grabbing the hem of my shirt and pulling it out. My stomach was sticky with coffee. “I’ll go buy me another shirt-“

“No, no, no…” The guy whose coffee got dumped on me spoke up. “I should’ve been paying attention. I’ll go with you and pay for it.”

“We’re supposed to be meeting my girlfriend.” The other guy said.

“You go ahead. I’ll meet up with you later.” He looked over at me, looking down at my shirt. “Come on, I know a nearby shop.”

I wasn’t about to move. I didn’t want him buying me a shirt, I was perfectly fine buying my own. The guy sighed, grabbing my arm and started to drag me along. “You really don’t have to.” I started as he maneuvered us around the crowds to get wherever he was taking us.

He ignored me as we suddenly stopped in front of a boxed in store with a million shirts hanging. The guy reached for the first shirt hanging that seemed my size. He paid for it at the counter and once again led me to a different direction. We ended up in front of a public restroom. He handed me the shirt. I smiled a thanks at him before walking in, stripping my shirt off and grabbing some paper towels to get them wet. I cleaned my stomach and chest and put on the shirt. I sighed at the shirt I had on before, it was white and now was covered in coffee stains. I trashed it since I knew it would be hopeless to save it.

I stepped out, surprised to see the guy there. “I am so sorry-“ He started.

My stomach growled, interrupting him. My hands flew to my stomach, my face blushing out of embarrassment. He tried to continue on with his apology, but a smile spread across his face and he started to quietly laugh. I just silently pouted and glared at him. “What?” He asked, smiling. “I never met a girl whose stomach screamed like that.”

I gaped, but I had to smile. “Whatever. Thanks for the shirt, but I’ll be going now. As you can see, I’m quite starving.”

“Wait.” He called out.

I stopped, turning to look back at him. “I’m sorry I laughed at you. I seriously feel bad about spilling that coffee on you… and to be honest, I’d rather not join Jake and his girlfriend.”