A living nightmare

“What are you talking about?” Weylie's mom said “This isn't funny Weylie!”

“It's...it's...” Weylie muttered “it was gone”.

“You scared the hell out of me for this?”

“but...it...” she said confused.

“Get dressed” her mother said with a snarl “Dr. Cooke would love to hear about this”.

“Ugh!” she said grabbing her shirt off the floor. Weylie's mom left muttering a few swear words. Confused and angry, Weylie stared at her right arm. How did it... she thought to herself it was gone a few minutes ago.

○○○

“It's getting worse, Dr. Cooke, now she's hallucinating!” Weylie's mom said almost screaming.

“Calm down, Ms. Lamberson. I'm doing my best for your daughter.” Dr. Cooke said calmly, “How about we give her new medicine?”

“I don't want any new medicine!” Weylie said clutching her fist “The last time you gave me medicine it just made me sick!” Weylie's mom gave her the 'evil eye'.

“I think more medicine will be great for her” Weylie's mom said “What do you have in mind?”

“I'll call in Dr. Vang so we can all talk it over” Dr. Cooke said grabbing his office phone. Weylie squeezed her eyes shut tight while her psychologist rambled on.

They think they know me she thought to herself they think they know what's best for me when they're dead wrong. Pretty soon, Dr Cooke's words started to blur and slowly fade until there was nothing but silence. Weylie had fallen asleep. Out of the darkness, a man wearing a surgical mask came into focus.

“I think she's waking up” the man said to the woman standing next to him.

“Is this going to effect our procedure, sir?” the woman asked the man wearing the surgical mask.

“No, no, this will be just fine” He said in a stern voice “I want her to see this”. Both the man and the woman laughed very mischievously. The woman held a large lamp over Weylie's arm while the man in the surgical mask grabbed a saw and proceeded to saw off Weylie's arm.

“No! No!” Weylie screamed in horror.

“Shut up Terra” The woman said smiling “you knew this was coming”. Weylie gasped and looked up at her reflection in the lamp. The sweat on her forehead made her curly brown hair stick to her face in an uncomfortable way and her bright green eyes were filled with fear.

“I'm...” Weylie said confused “Terra?

Weylie woke suddenly. Dr. Cooke, Dr. Vang, and her mother stared her down.

“Are you okay there, Weylie?” Dr. Cooke asked.

“I'm uh-” Weylie muttered, still trying to piece together what just happened “I'm fine”.

“Your mother, Dr. Vang, and I talked it over and you'll be taking new medication starting immediately”. Weylie sighed and rolled her eyes.

“It's very important that you take this medication, Weylie” Dr. Vang said strictly.

“We're all concerned for you, Weylie”. Weylie's mother said with a hand on Weylie shoulder. Weylie crossed her arms.

“Fine” she said “I'll take the medicine”. Weylie's mom smiled at her and patted her back.

“Told you she'd come around” Weylie's mom said to her doctors.

“Can I please go home now?” Weylie said angrily. Weylie's mom nodded and thanked her doctors.

Outside, Weylie climbed into the passenger side of her moms 2008 Chevrolet Equinox.

“Are you okay?” her mom asked, starting the car.

“I'm fine” Weylie answered.

“Are you sure?” her mom questioned “you don't seem fine”.

“Just get me home” Weylie snarled.

“What?” Weylie's mom barked back with attitude. Weylie bit her tongue.

“Please” She said.

“I thought so” Weylie's mom said, putting the car in drive. Avoiding eye contact, Weylie put her head down and stared out the window. The cool September breeze filled the car through her mothers open window.

“Can you close your window?” Weylie asked, rubbing the goosebumps on her skin “I'm freezing”. Weylie's mother rolled up her window.

“Are you tired?” Weylie's mom asked “Do you want to get some sleep?”

“No” Weylie said sharply. “besides, you know I don't sleep during car rides”.

“Do you want to go get some ice cream?” Weylie's mom suggested.

“Mom, I'm freezing, why would I want Ice cream?” Weylie's mom was silent for a few moment before speaking again.

“Your father is coming some time this week” her mother said.

“Oh, great” Weylie said sarcastically “Why?”

“He's concerned” Weylie's mother said. Weylie chuckled.

“We all know that's a joke, mom” Weylie said sighing.

“He's really changed, give him a chance” her mother said “plus he has someone for you to meet”.

“Someone for me to meet?” Weylie asked “Is this going to be another doctor?”

“No” Weylie's mother said “I have said enough. Just be prepared for when he comes this week”. Weylie rolled her eyes.

“Can I ask you something mom?” Weylie said hesitantly.

“Sure honey, anything” her mom said.

“Do you think Terra was murdered?” Weylie said still not making eye contact. Weylie's mother stared at her in shock. Suddenly, the loud sound of tires screeching filled Weylie's ears. In an instant, the car they were in flew right in front of the bus in the opposite lane. A loud SMASH and the screams of terrified pedestrians was the last thing Weylie can remember hearing.