chapter 6

i'm watching johnny test as i write this

-

tyler bounced on his heels as he waited for the moving van in front of josh's house with him. they both had their things all out on the curb and in the lawn, surmounting to about fifteen boxes and three suitcases combined. josh watched out of the corner of his eye as tyler continued his anxious movements, gently biting his lip. following this, he reached his arm around tyler's shoulders, planting his feet firmly on the ground for him. he pulled on his left shoulder just slightly, pulling them closer together. tyler sighed as he rested his head on josh, mumbling a quick "thanks".

tyler was warmer standing right next to josh, stopping his constant shivering. while they waited, josh pointed out funny looking leaves on the ground.

"that one looks kinda like a turtle," he said about an oddly green leaf for the season. tyler cracked a small smile.

"you're only saying that because it's green," he said, rolling his eyes. josh shrugged.

"i mean, you're not wrong," josh looked over at tyler. he was still smiling, and his mouth was especially pink from the cold weather they had been standing in for the past thirty minutes. he was staring at his mouth, subconsciously inching forward when the van finally pulled up. tyler's face lit up as he stepped forward, gesturing to where it should stop. josh sighed quietly as he walked behind them to grab some boxes. tyler talked to the driver, getting on his tiptoes and leaning into the window. josh happened to stand up as he was doing so, seeing where tyler's shirt had started to ride up on his back. he swallowed hard, walking to the back end of the van and waiting for him to get it all sorted out.

tyler nodded one last time, turning to the back of the truck where josh was and shouting at him.

"lift the back cover slide-y thing up and start putting stuff in!"

josh obeyed, opening the truck with one hand and throwing the box in with the other. after a few trips, josh and tyler had gotten all of their stuff off of the lawn, josh jumping into the truck to close it. he got an idea.

"should i stay back here?" he asked with a small smile.

tyler giggled to himself as he replied, "go for it pal," grabbing the door and pulling it down, enclosing josh in the darkness. he sat down near where the cab was, leaning his head against the wall. there was mostly silence as the van started rolling, josh starting to zone out.

"so, if i've say, had a crush on, um, my long-term best friend, do you think i should tell him?" tyler suddenly asked the driver, turning his head to the blonde-haired man.

"i dunno man, do you think he likes you back?" mark asked. he had been tyler and josh's friend in high school, but they clearly weren't that close.

"that's the thing..." tyler muttered, sighing as he looked out the window. they sat in silence for a while, mark moving to turn up the radio.

wise men say... elvis' smooth voice floated out.

tyler just watched the scenery fly by too fast through the window, wondering if he would ever get the courage to tell josh how he felt. but little did tyler know, josh was listening to the song through the thin metal that separated them, thinking of the same thing.