Chapter 2 Fly little bird fly

Sollux left the hive. Eridan sat there I their bed doing his best to remember how he got into this mess of a relationship. Sollux asked  him to help him make someone jealous,Feferi specifically. She had been falling for Aradia at the time. The game to make her jealous was still going on,he had no idea how many levels ago it started but then again he didn't care,all he needed was his Sollux. He got out of bed feeling a wave if pain wash over him. Walking out of the cold dark damp room,the light emanating from the hallway window shined straight into his eyes. Letting out a feral hiss he imediatly closed the curtains.
He ate breakfest and dressed in his everyday wear,same old scarf and cape,doing all of this along with some napping,in the time that Sollux came home. This time however,he wasn't drunk. Infact he was happy,bursting with joy.
"ED! You'll never beliieve what happened today!" He came in seeing Eridan sitting on the couch with a book. "Oh? And wwhat happened?" Eridan questioned sounding happier than ever. "FF 2aiid that 2he would be my mate2priit!" Eridan heard the loudest cracking to ever exist,he dreaded the day he would hear that awful cracking,and today just so happened to be it. The sound was his own heart breaking into small unfixable pieces. He felt the tears coming and put on his best fake smile in hopes that they wouldn't fall from his eyes. He put down the book and walked over to Sollux hugging him tightly.

"I'm happy for you."

The four hardest words for him to say were finally spoken. Words so difficult to say that he was afraid they would get stuck in his throat. He blinked away the tears and pulled away grabbing his book and went to their room to pack his things,coming out with a bag in hand he left Sollux's hive without another word.

He went to his favorite place,the bridge near the park. The moon would rise on the waters ever so beautifully,and if he was lucky,he would make it just in time to see it happen. He leaned on the railing crossing his arms as he watched the moon rise,casting a reflection on the waters.

'Do it,there's no one around to stop you.'

He heard the voice echoing in his mind.
Do what?

'Don't,he needs you.'

Don't do what?!

'Go on,jump,he doesn't need you anymore.'

'Dont ou dare! Sollux needs you!'

'No he doesn't,your just another idiot who got envolved,he has Feferi now.'

'Thats not true! He loves you!'

'He used you,and shattered what was left of you.'

'He didn't mean it!'

He had stepped into the ledge of the bridge now,the voices tearing him apart. He wante to jump,but then he didn't.

'Your just one of those people who get replaced,another useless soul on this stupid hunk of rock!'

'Dont! Protect Sollux! Feferi's an evil witch and she's bound to hurt him,he'll need you!'

'And when he does you won't be there,jump,and make him suffer alone.'

'He'll die alone if you do.'

That's when one of them broke him completely.

'Hey Eridan,remember when you were just a child? Your gills never worked properly,so you wanted wings instead. It was your every wish and dream to have wings,wings that could fly you far away from here,to fly among the stars. Now it's time to make those wishes and dreams come true.'

The voice was telling the truth.
His gills were so sensative that even the slightest brush of water would make them bleed,he almost choked on his own blood when he was young.
It was the entire reason he wore the scarf and the cape.

'Remove the dumb scarf,and the cape. They make you look stupid anyway.'

He did as the voice told him,removing both scarf and cape.

'Now little bird,fly,fly off this bridge and be free.'

He moved one foot forward daring to leap off the edge.

'Come on little bird,fly.'

Karkat: save him

(I hope this one was good! Let me know if you want more! Sorry I haven't updated this one in a while,I had trouble figuring out what was gonna happen next. Initially I had this one planned out but I kinda forgot so I'm just going along with it.)