(8) Already Gone

Beginne am Anfang

His face fell. "So what does it mean?"

"Ask me again."

"Hailee Katherine Windsor, will you please be my girlfriend?" He asked, a pleading look on his face.

How did he know my middle name? There was so much I still had to know about this guy. He was so sexy too...

And what was I doing waiting for Brent anyway? He doesn't love me back.

"Yes." I finally answered, speaking before I thought better of it.

"What? Really?"

"Yep!" I confirmed with a smile.

"Great!" He said, standing up. He came over to me, I was still half naked, too absorbed in our conversation to think about putting clothes on.

He acted like he was going to kiss me, but at the last minute, he put his lips lightly to my jaw, making me shiver. He continued moving up, and started nibbling on my ear. I had to stop this before it got any further.

"I... Have... To... Go..." I announced, completely out of breath.

"All right babe. See you tomorrow?"

I nodded in agreement, and got dressed. When I was finished, I gestured to Alex I was ready, and he escorted me out of the club.

Once we got outside, he hugged me. "What were you driving Hun?"

"A Bugatti."

He smirked. "Modest now, are we?"

I grinned. "Yep!"

He looked far behind me, and whispered, "The one in front of the Fendi boutique?"

I looked behind me, shocked it was there. Hmph, I thought it had gotten towed.

I turned back around and pursed my lips at him, "What? You gonna kill me for it or something?"

He shook his head quickly, as of trying to forget something.

"I'll walk you."

I pulled away from him, and he snatched my hand.

We walked without saying anything for a moment, and I thought about Brent. I felt really bad for leaving him. Alex decided to break the silence.

"Why do you love him?"

I stopped, shocked he would ask that. I opened my mouth to answer, but quickly closed it, deciding it was better to think about it.

Why did I love Brent? At first I thought I just did; it was just something natural. But thinking about it, I loved him because he was the closest thing I knew to perfect. I had everything in my pitiful life, and I could have had everything I wanted. A relationship with Brent was a taboo subject, and that made me want it more, I think.

He was also so damn perfect. His physicality, his face, his personality, his style, it all matched to create my perfect guy. I mean, he is also was like an older brother to me...

I stopped. Could I be mistaking real love for family love? I've known Brent forever and a day. I'm so close to him; it's impossible to break us apart.

Now that I think about it, I actually don't love him. All he is to me is an older brother, one that I loved so dearly. I would die for him. It could easily be mistaken for true love.

"I- I don't. I was mistaken," I stammered, flustered.

He gave me an unsure look, and he studied my face for what felt like ages. He finally accepted my answer and nodded. We continued walking forward.

"Good."

"What is?" I asked, confused.

"That you don't love him."

"Why?"

He closed his eyes, and took a deep breath, exhaling put his nose. "You... Are so dense. God, want me to spell it out for you?"

I flinched, hurt by his words. "Uh, yeah, enlighten me."

"Becuase I want you to be able to love me."

I blinked. "Oh."

"Yeah."

He opened the door for me. I hadn't noticed we had arrived.

I chuckled. "I thought my car had been towed."

"Wow..."

I climbed in, and he closed the door for me, leaning over to give me a kiss.

"I'll never get used to how amazing you are. Brent is really missing out."

"Why do you talk about him like you know him?"

"I, Uh," he closed the door for me,"see you tomorrow. Pick you up at your house with Meg?"

I didn't even bother to ask how he knew where my house was. "Yeah! Sounds great," I exclaimed, grinning.

"All right, see you soon babe?"

"See you soon."

He backed away, and I drove off, completely dazzled.

That was the best night of my life. And I was without Brent. I kept thinking, about what my life would be like If I hadn't have died. Would I have had a good time at college? What would my roomate have been like? There's so many unanswered questions. My life was cut off, just like that.

I arrived home, and I parked my car. I was surprised to see that neither of my parents' cars were in the garage. They must've gone out.

I went inside, and was instantly greeted by Mr. Meowsir. That dog must be aware of me too, I've always heard they knew where ghosts were.

I petted him, and invited him into my room, happy to have a little company. I took off my makeup and my dress, cherishing it's beauty one more time before it was gone.

I laid down in bed, sighing. I lost a love, but also gained one. And isn't that what life is all about?

Sleep's strong grasp was willowing over me, and I let it drag me down into a deep sleep, into sanity. 

And for the first time in sixty-four days, I didn't die.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Haha!:)  

It's been a while guys ;) 

Well, I didn't even post a long A/N at the beginning bc I trust y'all to read the one at the end. ;) 

Well anyway, 

VOTE COMMENT FAN LIKE TWEET!  

This books rating have been slipping :/ 

I love you guys! 

Ta-Ta for now! ^~^ xx