Unexpectedly

Idols exist for their fans. One cedes to exist without the other. When the fans' devotion exceeds idols try their best to tolerate the random phone calls, the sometimes creepy gifts and the occasional scares that sassaengs cause.

So when he was slapped by an ardent fan, it wasn't anything new, but it was filmed and naturally the video spread like wildfire.

She called him immediately after she saw the video, with no second thoughts whatsoever. Not even the fact that the last time they had talked was three years ago, and that did not go well, not well at all.

The phone rang incessantly.

She realized that maybe she shouldn't have called, that maybe the phone was buried with everything that he wanted to forget, that maybe to call him would be to give him free reign to hurt her again.

She almost cancelled the call but he answered.

She forgot all her doubts and asked immediately, "Oppa are you hurt?"

Nothing.

"Ah, oppa it's me Im Yoona." In her haste she had forgotten to introduce herself.

Nothing.

Why isn't he answering?

"I-I heard the news, are you okay oppa?"

Should she end the call? She should, she really should since all she's hearing is silence.

"I'm fine. You didn't need to call."

"I-I was worried about you."

Three years. She had waited three years to say that.

"You shouldn't have called. Don't worry about me I'll be fine."

I'll be fine. She was the one who said those words three years ago. Does he remember?

Oppa, I'll be fine. You can go and leave, I'll be fine.

"I'm in a shoot, I have to hang up soon."

"Oh. I'm sorry Oppa," for taking so long to call, "I didn't mean to disturb you."

Silence.

"Oppa!!! Hurry!!!" It was a girl's voice.

"Oh. I-I'm hanging up now oppa." Yoona finally ended the call.

A girl's voice. He was filming after all, it can't be avoided.

She had just finished filming too. Running on a cold, snowy street.

In a wedding gown, running away from her own wedding.

It was all for Shoujo Jidai's Time Machine PV.

The director had told her to imagine at the last part that she was running towards a love she had never forgotten. A love that she can finally claim.

But unlike her concept in the PV, Im Yoona knew she could not claim this love she had kept buried for too long. If only she had a time machine.

------------

He has always remembered. He is waiting. Always waiting.

She called. She has not forgotten.

Now he can finally claim the love they have tried to bury.

The past has come back. Like a time machine.