Chapter 12 - "Now The Real Game Begins."

Start from the beginning

I know better than to suggest that we run them over with the car and escape because that would cause more damage to the car than to the Wolves before us. Beta Ezra's furious snarl surprises me, and I turn to him in panic, fearing that he might shift inside the car itself, as I observe the quakes of his bulky frame.

His canines extend and his eyes flash gold, so different yet powerful than his usual baby blues. "Please stay in the car, Aleph." He growls, and I don't know whether it's him or his inner Wolf speaking.

"But—" I start to protest, only to get cut off by an angry glare. "You're not trained enough to fight Warriors, Aleph boy! Your safety matters more than your pride! Just do as I say!" He commands, and I stifle my Wolf's morbid urge to tell him off for irrespective behavior to a person who outranks him.

'We may be higher in rank, but we're still not trained or powerful enough. Until then, you can't expect him to respect us, or submit to us!' I snap at him, pushing him down.

I nod obediently at Beta Ezra and he hurriedly undoes his seat belt to get out of the car. He pauses, breathing deeply. "If I don't make it, tell Seneca that I love her and not to blame herself for something that's my decision," With one last look, he throws the scissor doors open and leaps out of the car, bursting into a majestic black wolf midair. His once fashionable clothes tear into barely recognizable pieces of tattered fabrics, as they fall to the floor.

Woah, that was impressive. I didn't know anybody could shift like that . . .

He lands on the ground on all fours, snapping his teeth and growling. His power emanates off him in threatening waves, as he stands taller than the three obviously powerful opponent Wolves.

It's easy to say that they're powerful and not weak like Rouges, because their eyes are of different colors, unlike the standard pitch black ones that the Rouges possess. And their furs are also well-groomed in shades of grey, a sandy color, and the last Wolf a white color with dark brown patches.

In the blink of an eye, the grey Wolf launches himself on Beta Ezra's black one, his jaws snapping at anything he could find. Beta Ezra dodges his attacks effectively, snapping and biting and things seem to go well until White one pounces on his back.

One of Beta Ezra's paws pushes the grey one off his feet, and before he could recover, Beta turns to White, pushing him off his back. He goes for the kill at White's exposed neck when Sandy intervenes, biting hard on Beta Ezra's leg from behind.

Beta Ezra yelps and pulls back, pushing the Wolf off him, and I squint, trying to see if his injury is fatal. Fortunately, the teeth marks are barely visible, which would heal within the fight finishes. I itch to go out and join them, but going there would only distract Beta Ezra as he would try to protect me if I'm getting beaten.

Just then, something slams into the passenger door of the car, violently smashing it. I jump and slowly peer out the dark-tinted window to see Grey. He's now taking a few steps back to slam his body again against the door. In mind freezing fear, I turn around to see Beta Ezra struggling to hold himself against two Wolves equally trained as him, caught in a crucial hold.

Before I could explore any further options, there's a rattling bang, and this time the bulletproof glass cracks, sending shards and pieces of sharp crystal showering over me. Instinct kicks in, and the moment the smashed, mangled piece of metal that was once the door falls off the hinges, I jump out, calling to my inner animal.

Once let out of the harness, my Wolf tears out of my walls, exploding into a mass of chocolate brown fur on four legs. I growl at the Wolf before me and try to summon some, any of the power, or authority that an Alpha's Mate has, and is said to be born with, but it just doesn't work!