Chapter 4

Cat's P.O.V

I walked up to my locker to take my books out. Hmmm. I have Sikowitz next, we hardly ever use our books. I shrugged and closed my locker. I was startled by Jade standing in front of me. "Don't scare me like that Jade! You know it makes me go nonconcious!" I shouted at her. "Cat, did you take my scissors?" I looked down to avoid her gaze and started walking away from her very fast. "CAT!" Jade yelled and started running towards me. "Eeeee!" I said in fear. Jade tackled me and we both fell to the floor. Jade sat on top of me and pinned me to the ground. "I know you have it Cat!" Just then Tori arrived. She groaned. "What's going on Jade? Why do you look like you're about to murder Cat?" "Cat took my scissors without asking!" She hissed. I flinched. I didn't even have her scissors!

"Cat didn't take them. I borrowed them to cut my split ends in music class." she smiled and held out the scissors for Jade to take. Now Jade looked like she was about to kill Tori! Luckily there was no time for that, because just then the bell rang. Jade forgot about her anger and we all started running to Sikowitz's class. We arrived there and sat in our seats. I suddenly thought about Sam at home, it made me happy. I really liked her, I couldn't wait to finish school so I could go home and see her!

The bell rang for the period to start. "Where is Sikowitz?" Tori asked puzzled. Sikowitz was hardly ever late. Just then he walked in with his usual coconut. "Morning class! Today I will be teaching you about the art of expression!" The class groaned. "Whaat? It'll be fun! If you can convince people that your facial expressions are the mirror of your true inner thoughts, then you will be a successful actor or actress!" I giggled. Yay! This sounded like fun. "I want you to all pick a partner. One of you needs to tell the other person a fact about yourself. It can be truthful or a lie, but don't tell them which it is. You have too convince your partner using your facial expressions that you are being truthful when you're lying, or vice versa. Allow me to demonstrate! Cat, if you don't mind?" Sikowitz motioned for me to stand next to him on stage. "Kay kay!" I giggled and got up. He cleared his throat and his expression fell. "The reason why I was late for class today, is because my dog got rode over by a car." He looked like he was about to burst into tears. Oh my gosh! The poor dog! I felt the tears welling in my eyes. "Am I telling the truth, or lying, Cat?" he asked. "Um... telling... the truth?" I answered uncertain. "WRONG!" he yelled and started laughing. "That was a lie!" he took a sip of his coconut. Darn! I was so sure that he was telling the truth though! I see what Sikowitz means now, and I'm just happy there's no dog that died!

Everyone partnered up with someone, Robbie and I (and Rex of course) got paired together. He was a good partner and I think we both learned a lot from each other. When school finally ended, I was thrilled! I couldn't wait to go home to see Sam! Jade agreed to drop me off after she had said goodbye to Beck. That usually meant she was gonna do icky things with him for a while in the janitors closet. I sat on the floor outside the closet and sighed. Why does she have to be so icky!

When I finally got home I found Sam at home on the couch. "Hi Sam!" I said ecstatically. "Heeeeeey." she said lazily. She was lying down trying to throw popcorn into her glass of cola. I threw down my bag. "Nonna I'm home!" she didn't reply. "Oh." Sam said. "Nonna isn't here anymore. I helped her move to Elderly Acres today." I felt like my world had fallen apart. "Sam! How could you! I can't live on my own! What am I going to do without Nonna!" I ran to my and Nonna's old room and burst into tears. Nothing was left of hers but her old bed. I curled into a ball. It always helped me feel better.

Sam opened the door. "Hey, please don't cry. You're not on your own kiddo, Sam is here for ya. I've got nowhere to go, I'll stay with ya until we can find you a better roommate okay?" That made me feel better. Knowing that Sam wasn't gonna leave me just then and go back to Seattle. I gave her a hug.

Later that evening in bed, I looked across to Nonna's empty bed. I suddenly got scared. Sam was probably fast asleep on the sofa in the lounge, but my room was dark, and I realized that I was all alone in it. I started to cry. I tried to be brave and hold it in as best as I could. I hugged my giraffe. It's alright, Sam is just down the hall! But the darkness felt like it was consuming me.