- i love you -

shawn and nina were snuggled up on the couch, when a loud buzz interrupted their marathon of the 100.

shawn giggled at the text, while nina was confused as of who was this mysterious texter was.

"who's that?" she questioned looking over shawn, but he shielded his phone away.

"oh um it was one of the guys. im really sorry babe, but is it okay if I hang out with them? I didn't get to hang out with them ever since i came back from tour." he begs bringing out the irresistible puppy eyes.

"i suppose." she giggled sighing with him laughed along, excusing himself before going to the bathroom.

nina felt a little thirsty, so she walked by the bathroom door that lead to the kitchen, hearing a voice echo through the other side.

"yeah nina thinks i'm going to hang out with the guys. alright see you then vanessa, i love you babygirl." he whispered trying not to make a sound.

nina couldn't believe what she was hearing. nina didn't want to believe or even think of shawn cheating on her, but he has been very distant and secretive since he came back from tour.

after the three bells chimed signaling that the call has ended and sound of the faucet running, nina rushed over to the couch trying to contain her tears and anger to burst out.

shawn came out of the washroom as if the whole conversation never happened, like he was just innocently using the bathroom.

"i'm sorry we had to cut our time together short, i'll make it up to you later. I love you babygirl." shawn sighs in agony, though inside he missed vanessa, terribly.

"y-yeah, i l-love you too, i guess." she repeats back, saying the last two words in a whisper. shawn kissed her forehead and grabbed his phone before exiting her house.

she thought, "don't tell me that you love me unless you truly mean it. they say that bad words hurt but they never said good ones can hurt either."

nina was contemplating whether to say something or not, for her happiness comes from the one person who is slowly picking off her already shattered heart.

-------
this is officially the first chapter of Drowning, and I got this lovely idea from musicalForMendes

So please check out her page as well.

Thank you for reading!

Also happy Veterans Day!

I love you💕- shaira