S.A.V.E - 5

Chapter 5

E.S.C.A.P.E

You know how I said I never like hospitals? Yes, well the feeling is growing increasingly stronger, and if I weren't such a good person, I would burn this entire building to the ground. No people inside, duh.

I spoke to Tony, he didn't have much to say. No information on the missing files, I guess SHIELD didn't update the team yet. The entire conversation left no static hanging in the air, we talked for a solid three minutes-then he had to leave.

Currently, my emotions had gone numb. I called for a nurse to come in, and she helped me out of the bed after undoing some of the I.V's. My blue gown currently dangled off the edge of a waiting room chair. My feet were bare as they lay flat on the ground; I stared at them. My hands were crossed in my lap, and my hair fell carelessly around my pale complexion. The dirty locks had a few knots in them as I glanced at them. My green eyes weren't wet, they actually were oddly dry.

Eventually, I looked around the small waiting room. Aqua leather chairs lined the white walls, and a black t.v hung in the right corner. Tables separated a few chairs, and magazines were strone over the tops. The cool tile that my feel we on, were white. Two windows were on the opposite side of the room, and I glanced out into the city. At daylight, it just wasn't the same. Night it was like the city had a mind of it's own. 

A puff of air came through my lips as my mind practically ached from all the thinking I had been doing. Why were the files targeted? Was S.H.I.E.L.D being compromised all over again? As much as I wanted to walk right out of this facility, I knew Bruce would ring my neck if I left.

Maybe I could sneak into the computer lab and pull up some files...or hack the camera system at S.H.I.E.L.D. No, that would get me in a bundle of trouble I didn't need at the moment. I leaned back against the chair, and my hair fell away from my face as I looked up at the freckled ceiling. I had to get more information, but I had to do it in a low manner. A manner that was simple, but yet effective.

Then it clicked, I hadn't touched my phone since I got here. There was a very special hacker on my phone that I knew could help me. I stood up slowly, so I wouldn't fall, and I padded back to my room. "Sam, you need to slow down!" the voice of a worried nurse rang in my ears.

I turned a little and found Alex, she was a young nurse, and her face was bewildered that I was walking so fast, "Alex, I'll be fine, it's not like I have stitches, just a few bruises." She nodded a bit as I then picked back up my hurried pace.

I pushed open the wooden door leading to my room and flicked the light on- making me squint for a moment.

Once my eyes adjusted to the florescent light I scrambled to my suitcase. Steve brought it over my first night. I looked under the stacks of clothes, as I strew them about the floor around me. It wasn't under them, so I moved to the pouches, and unzipped them so fast I thought the zipper may fly off. My hands dove in and out of pouches, and a few seconds later the cool hard lining of my phone was felt. I pulled it out and hit the on button hoping it was charged, and I was happy to see it was.

I stood up and scrambled on the bed, leaving the mess on the floor, as I scrolled through my contacts. I attempted to pull the covers over me in the process. It wasn't really working, but that didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was finding Felicity's number.

"Where are you?" I muttered to myself as the black letters flew bye. Finally, her name with the computer emoji next to it caught my eye. I hit it with a shaking thumb, and managed not to drop my phone. I leaned back against the white pillow that immediately helped my body relax. The ringing kicked in and I waited.