Chapter 2.

I groan. "Mum do I have to?"

"Daniel, he's new to town and has no friends." My mum says, using my full name which means she's being quite serious.

"He's like... nineteen. I'm pretty sure he can find his own friends." I roll my eyes.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me!" She snaps, scaring me quickly. "And he's interested in that new YouTube thing, you like that don't you?"

This peaks my interest slightly. "Erm... I guess."

She smiles sweetly. "Good! It's settled! You two can go out to Manchester tomorrow!"

"I don't have the-"

She starts pulling out her purse and rummages through it, my voice cutting off as I realize she really wants this to happen... he must be like a total dork. I mean, I'm not one to judge, so am I. Although I don't think anyone basically got paid to hang out with me.

"We've already met his parents. They approve... A little too much of you. "

I remember the awkward dinner with the Lester family. Apparently his name was "Philip" which screams nerdtastic. Not only that but he lives with his parents and he's nineteen? Isn't that a bit inappropriate?

The Lester's are nice although, even if they do come off as a bit... wierd, Mrs. Lester is such a warm, kind woman and Marytin seems to have his morals straight. They're the type of people I'd want to live with. My dad is usually always gone and my mom is usually not wanting contact with me or forcing me to do things.

I bite my lip as she hands me the money. "Sixty pounds." She says.

"Sixty p?" I reply, quite shocked. I'm pretty sure this is the most money she's ever given me!

"I can't wait until Marie replies from ASDA, you really need the job experience."

I scoff. "I just really need the job."

And this conversation continues to be small talk, a rude remark from me, and even ruder remark from her, and then goodhearted laughing afterwards. I hate to say it, but me and my mum are basically best friends. Although she's a thirty six year old independent woman, she acts as if she's a sarcastic witty teenager, which I get along with quite well.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Phil's POV.

"So I'm meeting that guy today, right?" I ask my mum groggily as I yawn. We were supposed to be going to Manchester or something, which I don't understand considering Manchester is really dangerous compared to Cockney or London.

My mum nods. "He's a really sweet boy, apparently you both have the same music taste and both play those games." She replies.

I almost explain to her that video games and game games are different but I decide differently. I rummage through our cupboard, momentarily forgetting that we just moved into a new house and that's why I can't find anything. I smile to myself and shake my head... I'm so stupid.

"Hey mum, where'd you pack away all our silvers and bowls?" I ask her. She stirs her cup of coffee slightly with a small straw and thinks about it for a second.

"It should be next to the green and white box that says cutlery." She replies, taking a sip out of the paper cup.

I nod, find the box and continue in making me a bowl of cereal.

***tippity time skip***

Dan's POV.

I hurriedly straighten the rest of my hair. I'm already late, which isn't a smart first impression. Although, I guess it is an accurate impression considering I'm late to literally everything. I was actually late for birth, in fact.