Chapter One

I'm really confused as to how to write this story. But at the moment I'm going to try it this way. The idea I'm working with is that I will do two of each chapter, both from different perspectives, but I won't be repeating the same scenes all of the time.

I'm not sure it's the best idea, but I'm going to give it a go :)

Please let me know how it is

And again, sorry for any spelling mistakes, I will fix them all later :D

Thank you all so much!

-InspirationSparks

Chapter One

"This is perfect! Isn't it just perfect?" Amber asked, rhetorically. She was posing and spinning infront of the changing room mirror styling a deep purple, one-shoulder gown.

"Yes, just as perfect as the last eight dresses you have tried on." I told her. I had adopted a head on fist pose, while sitting on the small wooden stool for the past two-hours. Each time when Amber emerged from the dressing room curtain, she would admire it in the mirror and decide it was the one. Of course, then she would try on the next one and her reaction was just the same.

"Yes, but this one sucks in my stomach, that a bonus." She pointed out, ruffling the skirt of the dress. "But the second one would go better with shoes I bought." She thought out loud.

My attention wandered to my un-tied shoe lace, and I slouched forward to tie it. My scuffed Converse sneakers were in need of a good scrub. I hesitantly sat up, not suprised to see Amber still glancing over her reflection in the rectangular, framed mirror. Her eyes seemed to be far away, deep in thought. It's never a rare occasion when Amber spaces out. It is, however, a rare occasion when she spaces out about something useful. No doubt she was lost in thought about how she is going to pay off the long credit card bill her mother will be recieving at the end of the month.

"I'm going with this one." She concluded after a few minutes. I rolled my eyes and wiped my hands on the sides my jeans. Amber then left to change back into her normal clothes and I rose from the stool and began collecting her discarded dresses.

A strand of my long blonde hair fell down as I was working, and I tucked it back behind my ear without looking up. I retrieved the hangers from the metal hook screwed into the wall and started fixing each gown on to the right one.

Amber strutted from the curtain for the last time, now in jeans and a long T-shirt, the purple garment folded over her arm and her small red handbag clutched tightly in her hand. With a informative nod we exited the store changing rooms and approached the checkout register.

Amber smiled at the sales assistant before handing over the dress and her mothers credit card. I was occupied with the case of rings placed temptingly next to the till. I pushed three on to my index finger, then held my hand at a distance to observe.

Amber was given her bag and a reciept, with a mumbled thanks I removed the rings and followed her out of the door.

"Your going to have to freeze that card when you get home." I informed her, matching her pace. When we reached Amber's black Ford Focus, she popped the boot and added the the newest shopping bag with the rest. After many attempts she managed to close the boot of her car and joined me inside the vehicle. I buckled my seat belt as we pulled away from the sidewalk. Amber reached over and flicked the radio on, breaking any and all silence.

"What time does your party start?" I asked, rolling down the window and sticking my hand out. The cool wind nipped at my skin.

"It's not a party. My mother has all her buisness associates coming over for a formal dinner and drinks, to discuss buisness and whatnot." I nodded. It sounded like a party to me.