Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Leah's POV

I pulled a huge grin as everybody laughed around the fire. Night, cool breeze, laughs, friends, family, a pack. I looked up at the starry night, the bright white moon only half of it's face showed. I looked over at my pack... my family laughing at each others jokes. .........

I slowly fluttered my eyes open to have the alarm clock flash 10:16am in my face. I pushed myself off of the bed, my fingers spreaded out quickly running through my light auburn hair.  Today was the day. I got off the bed and headed straight to the bathroom, the normal routine of a normal girl... except today wasn't just any regular day. 

I grabbed the black dress out of my luggage and the black heels along with it. I quickly placed it on, put on my light makeup. I grabbed the red lipstick and placed it on my lips. I looked at the mirror, my reflection, every reason why I hate funerals.

AT THE SCHOOL

I sighed as I came infront of the school, great Mystic Falls High School..., I started walking inside the school and saw the familiar places... locker room, detention, stupid classes, principle's office, oh there it is the Gym... I peeked through the Gym doors seeing the whole school body in the Gym, holding candles, then I spot him.

I pulled a small weak smile seeing Matt Donovoan.

Then suddenly I see my brother come into view, that's right I came back here for my brother, I rolled my eyes slightly from the sight of Caroline comforting Tyler. 

"Leah?" I looked over and saw the blonde officer come my way, Caroline's mom, Liz Forbes.

I moved myself fully into the Gym closing the door behind me, "Ms. Forbes. I came just like you told."

"Yes, Thank you. It must be hard for you to come back to .. Um.. find a funeral.." She tried to put it a nice way which wasn't helping. I nodded in agreement. "It's to speak for your mother, she would have been grateful you came back." She smiled at me as she put her hand on my back pushing me towards the stage with the huge Carol Lockwood picture.

Oh, how nice...

"And for Carol Lockwood to be gone so soon, may she rest in peace." The new mayor began to say. He turns to me "Um, we have.. Leah Lockwood, to speak on behalf of Carol Lockwood." He motioned me to the stage.

Quickly I took steps upon the stage, my heels clinking to the sound of the stage as I came across the microphone. Whispers came quickly across the gym...

"Oh my god is that Leah?"

"Didn't she killed someone couple years ago..?"

"Isn't this ironic..."

"Oh My god, is that your sister?"

"Can't believe she came back here.."

"Hello... I wish Carol Lockwood didn't have to leave so soon, she's in a better place..."

Flashback

I ran out of the lake laughing then suddenly i heard my phone ringing. I picked it up. "hello?" I smiled.

"Leah lockwood?" A familiar voice came through.

"Yes this is her. Who's this?"

"Liz Forbes--"

"Oh, Caroline's mom? What can I do for you?" I smiled. I looked over seeing my pack messing around.

"I have some bad news... you should probably come to mystic falls." She suggested.