Chapter 3

Reshawn in MM^^

Levi Erin

"... and that's basically it folks, hope y'all had an awesome first day. And... See you tomorrow. Get out!" Our Gym teacher Mr. Kayy blew his whistle.

Gym was aight, we aint really do anything. Pretty much all we did was listen to Mr. Kayy, my favorite teacher/coach, talk about safety and all that other shit. He told us we needed to bring gym clothes and shoes everyday. Now my ass needs to go shopping...AGAIN. Money aint grow on tress. Fucking wish it did but nah.

I got up from the bleachers fixing my hair, I picked up my bag and proceeded to leave the gym.

"What you doin' later, hm?"

I turned around to see Shawn towering over me.

"Nun of your business Shawn." I chuckled continuing to leave.

"Mhm, aight. Can I come over?" He asked shuffling in front of me

I rolled my eyes in attempt to walk away but of course he grabbed hold of my hand, I looked up at him and he was giving me puppy dog eyes.

He aint change that much.

"Okay fine, whatever.' I sighed in defeat. He smiled and put his arm around my shoulder as we walked out of the gym together.

*

We got out the car in silence, It wasn't an awkward silence its was just that nothing needed to be said in that exact moment. I made sure to lock my car before making my way to the front door.

"Been minute." Shawn said breaking the silence. I assumed he meant been a minute since he's been at my house.

"Yup." I mumbled unlocking the door. It actually has been a hot minute since he's been here. A year is a long ass time if you actually think about it.

I walked in with him behind me. I threw my bag on the isle, and walked straight to the fridge. I bent over in search of my Popeye's that I hide in the back behind the eggs and butter. "You hungry?" I asked still trying to reach my food. It was quiet so I looked over my shoulder and he was there watching me. Niggahs.

"Shawn." I said a little louder so he'd hear me. "Ya,ya ya". He said snapping his eyes on mine. "I'm a little thirsty too." He said walking towards the living room.

"No shit." I said chuckling to myself quietly.

I got my food from the fridge and put two drumsticks on a plate to go in the microwave, I shuffled to the fridge again to get some iced tea. I took his food out the microwave and put mine in. I poured him a drink and walked to the living to were he was sitting.

"Here." I said handing him his food and drink. 'You know you can turn on the T.V right." I said pointing to the T.V.

"Yeah I know, but I kinda wanted to talk to you about some stuff... You know. Like... Catch up You feel me?"

"Oh." I mumbled. "Mmk gimme a sec." I said going back into the kitchen to get my food. I sat down next to him with my food in my lap.

I took a bite out of my chicken and waited for him to speak. He looked at me and I motioned for him to start talking.

He cleared his throat. "Aight so.."

I arched my eyebrows.

"I uhhh, got a job." He said taking a bite of his chicken. My eyes winded and I almost choked on my Popeye's. "Fuck outta here! Reshawn that's dope!" I exclaimed putting my hand on my thigh, but I quickly removed it. I was so happy for him, after a year of being locked up I never thought he would've gotten a job that quickly. He's only been out for a couple of weeks, according to him anyway.