Craved Feelings, Much Needed Advice, and The Walk Over

Start from the beginning

Every single time.

"Dinner. With me. Tonight." I repeated, trying to show Hailey I was pretty serious about this whole friend dinner invitation thing. Because at that moment, I realized it would be nice to have someone who didn't hate you. And it was always easier to start off with someone who cared already.

I mean, Odie cared. He was the greatest person I knew. But it would be nice to talk to someone else beside him for once, even though that sounded pretty bad.

What was going on with me?

Why was I even thinking like this in the first place? It was just a damn dinner invitation, not a marriage proposal. She would probably just end up hating me too, if she didn't already.

She leaned her back onto the counter, hitting the broom with her elbow.

"So this is how your going to repay me?" She finally smiled, and I smiled back in relief.

"Well, I mean, if you don't want to, I-"

"Okay, okay, fine." She interrupted me, and I smiled even bigger.

Gotcha.

"Okay?" I mocked, crossing my arms and smirking as I walked around the counter. She turned to look at me, resting her arms on it and leaning forward. The tips if her brown hair brushed the glass as she rolled her eyes at me.

"I'll go to dinner with you tonight." She agreed, looking over at me.

I was still grinning. I don't know why I was grinning so much.

"But," she started again, poking me with her finger, "you better take me somewhere cool." Then she laughed, turning around again to walk towards the record shelves.

"Oh, trust me. It'll be cool." I teased, and then we both laughed.

Too bad she had absolutely no idea that what she had just said set my nervousness off like a trigger, because really, I had no freaking idea where I was going to take her.

When was I ever someone who got nervous?

4 Hours Later 

-HAILEY'S POINT OF VIEW-

I couldn't stop thinking about it.

About the whole dinner thing.

I mean, where did all that come from? First we were flirting and then we were joking and now were going out to dinner tonight? Or yet, a better question was, why did I even say yes in the first place?

It was so strange, starting to see Drew as an actual friend instead of some annoying, conceited motorcycle boy. Ever since that night, it was like something, something had changed for the both of us.

That seemed wrong, but it was true. I stopped seeing him as that awful person who needed nobody because I had seen him when he was vulnerable, when he had needed someone. And I think he stopped seeing me as the maniac who almost ran him over because I had helped him, because I had cared.

It definitely wasn't your usual logic, but it was the only thing that made sense to me right now. And I needed at least one thing to make sense, because I was seriously freaking confused.

Especially because we were only about two hours away from closing, and after some more chores and absolutely nothing, Drew suddenly got all weird and ran into the back room.

Like literally. We were in the middle of a conversation about why some record titles are just a complete abomination to society, and then all of a sudden he just froze up and went into the back room.