MBBF- chapter nine

Authors note-

Hey everyone! Thank you all so much for the lovely encouraging comments that you have all left for me! They've been a big help in inspiriting me to update more!

I will try to update on a more regular basis from now on, and I am aiming to have around 35 chapters in this story and to hopefully have it completed by December this year although I can't make any promises at this stage!

Chapter nine-

"Katie what is going on?" Alex yelled staring at me, then at Lance with wide eyes. I guess it was a shock to discover your girlfriend in your best friends cupboard, but this wasn't how it looked!

Lance smirked at me, looking amused more than anything and I knew that it was up to me, to somehow get us both out of this situation.

"I um... it was... well...." I stuttered not really knowing what to say. I was still annoyed at Alex and the fact that he had come straight to Lance's before even calling me or bothering to text, annoyed me even more.

"Forget it Katie!" Alex yelled, his face turning red with anger. I had never seen him like this before, and it wasn't a side of him I would like to see again.

"I know what happened. I'm not f**king stupid, you cheated on me with my best friend, yeah I get it."

"Alex, dude no, it's not like that." Lance said trying to talk some reason into him. Nothing happened last night! I would never dream of cheating on Alex.

"Get the f**k away from me!" Alex yelled, pushing Lance roughly to the side. "Did all those years mean nothing to you katie?"

"Alex you know they mean everything to me! You mean everything to me! But it seems all that mean s**t to you! F**king leaving me to go off with Vivienne at the end of your practice? You left me waiting in the pouring rain! Did you stop once to think about how I would feel? No!" I yelled angrily.

"Yeah so what? Am I not allowed to have my own friends now?" He yelled his face now turning a frightening shade of magma. "I'm sick of this!"

"Well so am I Alex! Sick to death of being second best to you! I'm supposed to be your girlfriend! And yes, I overreacted last night I'll admit it! But you overreacted today and thought the worst when nothing happened!"

"Nothing happened?"

"No! Nothing happened! He picked me up after you left me and I spent the night at his and when you came I hid in here. I couldn't go back home! It was late and pouring with rain! So he took me in when you left me!" I screamed.

"Katie, I didn't realise, I'm sorry." He apologised, all his anger melting away. He nodded at Lance and Lance nodded back, pulling him into a 'bro- hug.'

"I have to go" I said breathing raggedly.

Slamming the door loudly I left the apartment. I needed some time to cool off before I said, or did, something incredibly stupid. I couldn't believe that after all these years we've know each other, Alex still didn't trust me. Relationships are built on trust, and well, if you don't have trust, then you can't have a healthy relationship.

I went the only place that I knew would be able to calm me down. The park.

(Half an hour later-)

I sat down on a bench and watched the children play on the equipment with a smile. It seemed almost like a sin to be angry and to think bad thoughts when these children were having such a good time. The sun was shining brightly so I decided that it would be nice to have an ice cream while I mulled things over.

I had enough time to sort things out in my head. It was definitely not worth loosing someone as great as Alex over a simple misunderstanding between us. And as for the Vivienne situation, well, we were older now, we would have to do the mature thing and talk about it together, not yell at each other.

Gathering up my handbag and my phone I lifted myself of the bench and began the short walk home quickly popping in my ear phones, and I began listening to my favourite songs which always made me feel better.

After about only three songs I had arrived home. I wiped the mud off my shoes and yelled "I'm home!" just in case my mother happened to be in.

I didn't get a reply so I assumed there was no one here. Taking off my shoes and jacket I walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat. I realised that I hadn't eaten anything all day, which was probably why my stomach was growling like a grumpy tiger.

The lights were dimmed and the small kitchen table was set with all my favourite foods, grapes, chips, oreos, fruit salad, sandwiches, and chicken nuggets. There were two chairs and a bouquet of pink roses, attached to the roses was a note:

To my perfect girlfriend,

Enjoy the meal, I know these are your favourites! I'm so sorry for today and for not believing you Katie. I have never been so wrong about anything in all my life. Don't worry about me I just had to get a few things, I'll be back soon I hope.

Love you, Alex x

I read the note with a smile evident on my face. So it was him who did this for me. I couldn't believe that I almost left him go. Alex was by far the best boyfriend that any girl could have. He was sensitive, sweet, funny...

"Thinking of me?" I heard a deep voice say from behind me. I stopped what I was doing and spun round to come face to face with my boyfriend. I grinned.

He walked over to the chairs and moved his seat closer to mine. "I'm so sorry Katie." he whispered and slowly moved his face closer to mine until we were only millimetres apart. Suddenly his lips were on mine and it felt butterflies in my stomach as though it was our first kiss all over again.

I smiled into the kiss pulling him closer to me, never wanting to let him go. "I love you Alex." I said, smiling into the kiss. He was perfect.

Authors note-

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the short chapter but I hope you all enjoyed it! I promise that the next chapter will be a lot longer! I just wanted to begin to update this story again for you all!

Thank you and Happy Reading!