MBBF- chapter one

Chapter One-

Alex and Katie. Alex and katie. I kept on replaying that in my head just thinking about how good it sounded. We had been going out for about two years now, Alex and I, and I was sure it was meant to be. We weren't the most popular in our school it wasn't like that. We were liked anyway and we got voted the cutest couple last year. I had to agree we were pretty cute together.

Alex with his blond hair and his freckles and perfect smile and me with my chestnut coloured hair and blue eyes, and as I have been told caring heart, seemed a perfect match. The school magazine had planned our wedding as well and sometimes I wondered if the people who made it had any life although it was a sweet gesture.

I lay on my bed flipping the pages of the book I was supposed to be reading for English class tomorrow. I was having a lazy day chilling out in my room eating popcorn and staring out of the window. I was planning to do that all day and maybe watch a movie later. Ah I love the fat life.

Although its not like it sounds I'm not actually fat. Or even a little chubby. I do a lot of sports and I love them! I'm captain of the swim team and I'm also in the hockey team. I try and exercise as much as I can because i simply find it fun and therapeutic when I have things on my mind when I'm angry I find can let it all out when I swim or run, it's kind of like therapy for me, some people have stress balls, I have exercise.

My phone started to ring and I was forced to move from my place on the window sill. I stretched and slowly made my way to the phone, my legs not being used to all this walking after about three hours of doing nothing. I picked my phone up and checked the caller I.D. It was alex! I answered as quickly as I could eager to talk to my perfect boyfriend.

"hey babe what's up?" I asked cheerfully. Alex always made me feel happy.

"ah nothing just wondering if you wanted to meet up tonight and go see a movie and go out for a meal later?" he asked me. I could hear the smile in his voice as he talked to me. He told me I made him happy too.

"sure! What time?" I asked. I was planning on watching a movie anyway and it was waaaayyy better to watch one with Alex than on my own.

"I'll be at your house by about six? Is that ok with you?" he asked me kindly. This was one of the many reasons why I loved Alex he always cared about how I felt and I knew I could tell him anything.

"yeah it's perfect!" I said back. For the next half hour or so we talked about what we had been up to in the holidays since we last saw each other as it was summer break and about random things.

"well I have to get ready Alex can't wait to see you later bye baby!" i said excitedly.

"can't wait either I haven't seen you in ages!"

"Alex it was only a week!" I smiled

"but every second I'm apart from you feels like forever!" he proclaimed in a dramatic voice I laughed. "bye babe."

"bye babe! See you soon!" I said and hung up. An hour to get ready? I was in for a challenge.

After raking through my wardrobe and almost screaming in despair at my sudden lack of fashionable clothes I eventually decided on wearing a cute navy blue dress with white anchors on and navy pumps. I did my make up natural and my hair was in a bun on top of my head. Not bad for only an hour I thought looking at myself in the mirror.

The doorbell rang and I heard my mum talking to someone and my dad acting all protective. I knew that Alex had arrived! Checking my make up one last time just to make sure I looked perfect for him, satisfied I walked down stairs and into his caring arms.