Chapter 29 - Don't you dare

Beginne am Anfang

Nevertheless this hadn't been a suicide attempt. In contrary. She could live with the fact that Nigel didn't loved her like she loved him. Though she'd longed for something else, she understood the things Nigel was saying. Of course she was sad, broken, but she was free now. Why would she give up her life now she finally got release, and now she finally had a friend. Now Nigel had rejected her, it didn't meant they couldn't be friends. They still were.

No, it hadn't been her own muscles grabbing the razor in the cabinet. It wasn't herself cutting open her arteries as she sobbed in silence. It had been Alex. Trying to kill Grace out of jealousy and hate.

The thing was that Alex knew he would disappear for ever if Grace would die. But he didn't mattered. He felt betrayed by Nigel, thinking he was forgotten him since he was saying all these words to Grace about Christmas eve next year and not being thirty... After Nigel suddenly kissing Grace, he even stopped pushing and pulling against the other side. The reason why Grace suddenly felt so relieved. It wasn't because of the aspirin. But because Alex was done with it. Only now he could take his changes, he took the opportunity to ruin everything. If Alex couldn't live, not even mattering if he would live happily ever after with Nigel or just as companions, Grace couldn't either. Not with Nigel.

Nigel:

After several minutes of calling out he decided it was enough and he kicked in the door. The first time he didn't succeed. The second time he did and the door burst open.

Nigel didn't thought of what to expect.. But whatever he would've thought of it wasn't this. He froze in his track when he saw Grace's pale body laying in the bathub, with the water running red. It was a little too familiar. Nigel's heart sank and he slided down along the while, biting his knuckle untill it bled and uttering muffled screams at it as he hyperventilated badly. If anyone saw him like this out of context they'd all agree he did belong in an asylum.

However from the corner of his mind he saw a light twitch of Grace's finger and it occured to him then that she could still be alive. He forced himself - with a lot of effort - out of his catatonic state and ran up to her, getting her hands out of the water.

"Don't..- Don't you fucking dare!" he hissed franticly through his ragged breaths as he wrapped her wrist into a towel to stoll the bleeding.

He kept cursing both to Grace and towards himself, realizing she needed a hospital. But he couldn't bring her there. If he did it would mean they would both be locked up again.

A strangled cry came from his throat shortly in panick but then he picked up Grace and pulled her out of the bed, carrying her to the couch. After that he looked through the house for a first aid kit. Or anything that could help him.

Alex:

Grace had looked up for just a second as the door suddenly busted open, but hadn't been able to move much. She felt so dizzy and light in her head, as if she was a feather. As if she could slip through the air any moment and going to the lights. Because she'd seen them, right before Nigel had bust open the door. If he would've waited for any longer, she would've given up.