Chapter 1 - Can I Help You Ma'am?

"Kylie, you cannot move out! You're under age anyway, therefore you have no control over what you do, and you know for a fact, mum and dad will not let you move out." Kendall said sitting on my freshly made king size bed with a creamy white duvet set.

⠀⠀"I can't stay here any longer Kendall, you know what it's like for me here, I'm going to get in an even worse condition then what I'm in, why can't you help me."

I need this more than anything, I'm basically pleading. Why can't she see that? Why can't she help me, we're blood and we've always been known to be there for eachother and help eachother out.

"Because Kylie! Running away isn't going to solve anything, and they're just going to find you like last time, don't take it personal. Don't act like I'm the bad guy here because I'm not helping you Kylie, you know that I'm helping you by trying to stop you because if you disobey our parents, things will get out of hand."

⠀⠀⠀"I'm running Kendall, there's no holding me back, there's no stopping me, if you're not gonna help me then I guess I'm on my own, but please, please, don't say anything to anyone, don't tell them that I've gone let them figure it out. I don't want a peep out of you Kendall, please do this for me! Act like you don't know a thing."

I walked on over to wear she was sitting & held out my pinky — something we always did as kids when we were to pinky promise one another — she wrapped her pinky around mine but looked at me with a pleading look, begging me to stay.

"Thumb touch!" I say as I remind her of our secret little promise.

We keep ahold of our pinkies locked whilst we touch thumbs & blow.
Kendall still had an emotionless look on her face, I knew it was breaking the both of us, but I was doing this for my own good.

I grabbed the rest of my things & shoved them in to my Gucci duffle bag, I zipped it up & I knew I was ready for this. I glanced over at the clock.
11:47 pm.

I let out a sigh.
"I love you Kendall, don't you ever forget that"

We hug and I set out across my room to climb out my window, I glance back and see Kendall shedding a tear but looking at me with a fake smile on her face. I fake smile back to reassure her I'll be fine.

I climb out the window and feel the wind through my hair almost straight away. I look around at the street lights, and the outside lights of people's big, expensive houses. I steadily climb down the roof, trying not to make a single noise that could possibly blow my cover of running away. I've done this all before and I know that last time they heard me from the inside. I jump off onto the fence, and then off the fence and onto the freshly mowed lawn. I was off, traveling the streets of good Ol' California.

1:32 am

I glanced at my watch, my feet were aching, I was tired, I knew I had been walking for miles. It had gotten pitch black since I walked out of town and there were no street lights around. I look up ahead and see a glimpse of light! "Finally" I whisper under my breath. Hopefully I've reached the next town and hopefully I can find somewhere to stay.

I walk for another 800 miles, the lights were getting closer, and brighter. "Not long Kylie, not long."
Talking to myself was the only thing keeping me sane right now, and also keeping me from not falling asleep then and there.