Chapter 5

Lady Catalina sat at her desk overlooking the digsite outside. The team had made her garden into a total mess. It looked more like the aftermath of a huricane then a garden now. She tapped her golden pencil to the desk as she carefully studied the girl as she walked around loading crates of artifacts to the trailer.

A smile grew on her face since she knew all those artifacts by heart, she had destroyed most of them herself. She looked at the door to her left where her artifacts rooms was located. All of which she had spent many years gathering to prepare.

A cold wind swept through the room.

“It will not be long now, master” Lady Catalina wispered to the wind with her eyes closed.

The door behind her opened and Maicha entered the room with a tray made of silver. She placed the small and beautifully decorated cup on her desk and filled it with tea. She carefully placed a small spoon of sugar in it and a touch of milk. She then placed the items at a table along the right side of the room.

“Do you think she is affected by it, My lady?” She asked and looked out the window.

“Yes, I think she is affected. But she is hiding it well.” Lady Catalina answered and took a sip of the tea.

“How can you tell, My lady? It seems she is most unaffected to me.” Maicha said and looked at Lady Catalina. She nervously spun her bracelet around her wrist.

“Because I can feel the unrest in her blood.” Lady Catalina said and smiled.

Maicha left the room and Lady Catalina finished her tea before looking back at her journal. She read through what she had written and sighed. She leaned back in her chair. Her blood was also in a state of unrest, there was but two more keys to gather. She knew the girl had one, but no clue as to it's location. The second was held by her father.

Lady Catalina rose from her chair and angrily straightened her clothes, the very thought of that man made her furious. She fixed her hair and walked into the artifacts room. Stopping by each artifact and looking at them carefully, observing every detail. As she reached the box she sat down next to the stand and leaned on it, almost hugging it.

“ It will not be long now, master, Be patient, I soon have all the ingredients we need! Soon we will reign supreme once more!” She said with joy in her voice bordering to laughter and tears in her eyes.

She had waited so long, and soon that was all over. She would get her vengence no matter the cost!

                                       *************************************************

Nicolai rested his head on the window of the car he was traveling in. He thought of Casandra and the fate she was to face if the Black Widow got her plan in motion. He glanced at Nelia who was driving, she was quiet and she never was normally. She concentrated on the driving, but he knew her mind was working overtime on the problems ahead.

The car came to a halt and she got out of to help Nicolai to his feet. They were greeted by a large african man who also shared their worried state of mind. His name had always been a secret so everyone just called him My Lord, since he was the oldest among them.

“You are sure it was the Black Widow?” Lord simply said.

“Positiv My lord.” Nicoali answered.

“You are no longer safe there, you will not go back.” With that said Lord turned and walked towards the garage door, leading to the house.

“What of the girl?” Nicolai asked