Chapter 15 - Silence

Začít od začátku

"Do you want to go out sometime?" he asked. My eyebrows shot up.

"You're asking me out?" I questioned, not fully believing him. We'd already gone through this at the end of last year.

"Again, yeah" he chuckled, looking hopeful. "I know it's a long shot, but have you happened to change your mind? I keep thinking about you."

"Wow, um" I started, caught off guard. This also happened last time when he asked me out. I never know what to say when guy express feelings for me. I usually get caught up in thinking that I say nothing at all.

"You don't have to, I just thought I'd ask, give it a try. If you say no, maybe I'll finally get that you're not into me and be able to move on" he joked nervously. I smiled at him. Now that was an idea. Maybe I needed something else to spark my interest to be able to get over my feelings for Fred, because he is obviously never going to return them. But what about Nick? I'd be using him, and I can't do that.

As I still hadn't said anything, Nick kept talking. "Just one date maybe? We'll see how it goes and if it works out, great. If not, we'll just be friends" he added.

"Ok" I replied, nodding. I won't think about this. Just do.

"Really?" he asked, shocked, but a smile took over his handsome feature. "Ok, cool. Meet me at the main entrance to the castle at 5?" he asked.

I nodded. "I'll be there". He grinned and started backing away.

"I'll see you tonight Char" he said to me, then turned and walked into the Three Broomsticks. I looked around me, seeing lots of Hogwarts students enjoying their Sunday and walking around the picturesque streets of this small village.

I just said yes to Nick. Was it a possibility that I could like him? Maybe. I guess tonight will tell. I took a breath and made my way back to the Tea Shop, the bell announcing my entrance. The girls were already sipping their drinks, and a fell back into my chair, staring at my tea.

"You ok?" Ari asked, sending me a small smile.

I nodded. "Um, yeah. But, uh, Nick asked me out again..." I told them. The girls all had curious expressions on their faces. "And I said yes" I finished. Eyebrows shot to the roof and Ari and Roze gasped. Ari was smiling and clapping her hands together like a two year old. She had always wished I'd said yes last time as Nick and I would have been 'the cutest ever'.

Roze was staring at me, sending me the urgent red alert eyes. Basically asked "What are you doing?!"

I shrugged at her. I honestly didn't know.

"Wow, you look stunning" Roze breathed, staring at my dress when I walked back into our dorm.

I was wearing a fitting black maxi dress with long sleeves made out of lace. It wasn't formal but not quite casual either. I paired it with my favourite black ankle boots and pulled my hair up into a high ponytail, bits framing my face.

"Thank you" I smiled. I looked in the mirror, inspecting my outfit for any problems.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" she asked me, coming to stand behind my shoulder. She was wearing track pants and a shirt two sizes too big for her and still managed to look gorgeous. I don't know how she does it.

"Yeah, it'll be fine. I need to stop thinking about Fred the way I do, and Nick is really nice, funny and handsome. The other things I've tried haven't worked Roze" I sighed, playing with my sleeve.