ten

//Olivia//

I've been hanging out with Michael and his friends at school for the last couple weeks. I don't see any point in spending time with my old "friends" anymore. I'm not even sure if they've noticed my absence yet, but it doesn't make much difference to me weather they have of not.

Besides Michael's friends have been so accepting of me and I feel like I can be myself around them. They've all been so nice to me since I started hanging out with them. Except for Nia. I get the feeling she doesn't like very much due to all of subtle, yet rude, comments directed towards me during group conversations.

Calum's new girlfriend, Grace, has been friends with Nia for a while so she's not afraid to remind her when she's being a bitch. I'm becoming better friends with Grace and I'm glad she has my back.

The funny thing is Michael never does defend me when Nia is being rude. In fact, he always acts kind of awkward around her. Part of me wonders if they were ever together or something. I don't really care if they were; they're not anymore. I'm not that annoyingly jealous girlfriend who's obsessed with all of Michael's past relationships.

During lunch I was sitting next to Michael at a table with Luke, Ashton, Calum, Grace, and Nia. This was who I usually say with now. Luke and Calum were arguing about two bands that they liked and which one was better.

"So, Olivia, what kind of music do you like?" Luke asked me when he realized Calum was winning the argument.

It's one of the most nerve racking things to describe your taste in music to someone who you're not sure if they'll judge you for it. I'm getting to know them better and I think they're nice enough not to be rude about it but it still made me anxious.

"Umm I really like Bring Me The Horizon, they're one of my favorite bands," I replied in a hesitant voice.

"I love them!" Calum interjected.

"Me too, they're great," Luke agreed.

I was relieved to hear them say that. I already knew Michael liked them. I remember him telling me that before.

"My favorite song is Drown," Luke said seeming excited that I liked the same music as him.

"Of course it is," Calum said rolling his eyes, "You only like their popular songs."

Luke's beaming smile turned into an offended frown.

"That's not true! I like their other songs too!" Luke said defensively furrowing his eyebrows. Calum chuckled at the fact that he had gotten under Luke's skin. They were good friends but they sure loved to annoy each other.

"Alright, calm down you too," Michael laughed as he ended their arguing. Everyone else laughed but Luke still looked offended. I couldn't help but feel sorta badly for him.

We all talked together for the rest of lunch and then carried on to our other classes. Michael and I walked to our lockers together since the were right near each other. I felt Michael grab my hand as we left the cafeteria and looked over at him giving him a smile.

I got to my locker and grabbed everything I needed for the afternoon. My next class was language arts so I made my way to Mr. Tomlinson, the teacher of that class's, classroom.

A lot of my old friends were in that class too. I used to look forward to that class because it meant I would get to see them but lately I've been dreading it. Today we were working on something with partners so it was just my luck that Mr. Tomlinson put me with Lydia.

Lydia came over and sat by me giving me a fake smile to which I didn't return. She got out the paper that we were working on but instead of writing anything she turned to me and started talking.

"So I've noticed you stopped hanging out with us," she said referring to her little clique.

"Yeah," I replied shortly writing down answers on my paper without looking up at her.

"You think those punk freaks are better than us?" she questioned me looking disgusted.

I didn't say anything.

Lydia scoffed. She leaned in closer to me and lowered her voice. "Listen, I can make your life a living hell if I want to. The only reason you were ever popular is because of me so you better not ruin my reputation."

I was confused but you have to pick your battles with Lydia and I decided I wouldn't fight her on this. I nodded and completely my assignment quietly for the rest of class. I could tell Lydia was looking over my shoulder at the answers but I ignored her so we didn't have to work on it together.

I wondered if there were rumors being spread about Lydia that she thought I started or something. I don't know why else she would care so much about me hanging out with Michael and his friends. I expected the occasional name calling when she passed by me in the hallways but not the threat to "make my life a living hell." I brushed the thought away when class ended. I decided I wasn't going to let Lydia and her stupid clique run my life anymore.

-

a/n

lol Mr. Tomlinson

anyway, I h8 this chapter which is why it's taken me so long to update it. it's actually really hard to try to write a half decent fanfic so sorrrrrry

I hope you liked it more than I did

-noel <3