nine ⁂ weasley candy

December 24, 2021

Scarlett wasted her first day of Christmas break. She finished all her work and proof read it, made a small gift for her parents, and read through her Charms book (she had done it a million times, for her curiosity of the subject never faded). She tried going through the potions book, but seemed to space out a few too many times. Scarlett just decided to stop reading. She looked out the window to the cold outdoors, sighing because she yearned so much for it to snow. Scarlett was bored out of her mind. She had no one to hang out with every year, but at least the years before she had work to consume herself in. Too bad she had already finished it. Daer was always flying or sleeping, sometimes Scarlett felt bed for him because he seemed more like a mail man than a pet.

    Scarlett tried on her bathing suit, staring at herself in the mirror for what it seemed forever. She was insecure, sure, but didn't she didn't care at the moment; it wasn't like anyone was going to see her anyway. Since every year all the rich Slytherins and prefects went home to their families, Scarlett felt a little rebellious. She put her robes over her bathing suit, grabbing a towel and some toffee she may or may not have borrowed from her roommate Ella's trunk (Scarlett was astounded to find Ella's candy stash- for she had one giant sweet tooth for her big mouth).

    Pacing along the common room's bookshelves while scanning her eyes over the countless books, Scarlett finally found a fantasy book that didn't have to do with school. She shoved everything into her bag, along with a extra set of clothes and some odd candies she found from in Ella's drawer from Weasley's' Wizard Wheezes that smelled sweet, and headed to the prefects bathroom.

    Turning on her favorite orange tap, Scarlett dipped into the bath and dove into the new book. She eventually finished all the toffees, and finally popping the bright blue candy in her mouth. Like deja vu, the door suddenly opens to a familiar blonde boy.

    "Scarlett!" Scorpius groaned, turning back to the door.

    She swallowed the candy, keeping her eyes on the book. "Bathing suit."

    Scorpius turned around on his heel, letting out a half laugh. Scarlett glanced at him quickly, realizing he was in a bathing suit as well. She quickly looked back at the book when she saw him getting into the other side of the bath.

    Suddenly, Scarlett hiccuped out of no where, dropping the novel into the foam covered bath. She giggled, making Scorpius do a double take. "Oh no! My book is drowning!"

    "Aren't you going to get that?" Scorpius asked, sending Scarlett into a fit of laughs.

    "Oh yeah!" Scarlett dramatically swan dived into the water, grabbing the book at the bottom of the bath. She emerged out of the water, holding it up like a prize.

    Scarlett sat on the edge of the bath, pouting at her drenched novel. "My book is wet."

    Scorpius could help but look up and down her body, trying to figure out what was wrong with her. He didn't want the orange smell of Scarlett and her bath to appeal to his senses, but it did.

   "Are you on muggle drugs? Scarlett-" Scorpius' eyes widened, exploring the possibility of the situation in his head.

    "What? No, why would you think that?" She giggled, setting her book down and drying herself with a towel. "But I stole some candy from Ella's stuff. Want one?"

    Scorpius laughed, he stepped out of the bath, crossing over to Scarlett's candy wrappers scattered among the cold tile floor. He picked one of the blue candy's wrappers, examining it.

    "Joyous jellies. Figures." He chuckled, looking in front of him to see Scarlett on the other side of the room. With his stuff.

    "What's this?" Scarlett giggles, holding up a small piece of metal with a green jewel.

    Scorpius reacted immediately, running towards Scarlett. "Give that back! Its my ring!"

    Scarlett dashed around the small pool, laughing. "Not if you catch me first!"

    Scorpius obviously was faster, but couldn't seem to grab the ring with his multiple attempts of snatching her wrist. So, he wrapped his arms around her from behind, locking his hands around her wrists.

    The petite girl in his arms giggled, squirming around until she gave up and Scorpius grabbed the ring.

    "Bloody hell, you're annoying." He mumbled, letting go of her. Scarlett immediately pouted, crossing her arms. He stared at her, and she stared back, not being able to keep a straight face. Scorpius realized she was the only Slytherin that stayed at Hogwarts besides him - he mentally cursed his parents - so he might as well help her. "Get on your robes, I'm taking you on a trip."

    Scarlett squealed, and dashed to her robes. Scorpius dried himself off and slipped on his ring before leading the giggling girl to the common room.