one ⁂ hogwarts

only a few more chapters of fetus scarlett and we will get to present time (lol irl its like 7 years in the future) (:

September 1, 2017

"Today is the day!" Gus squealed from upstairs, wakening Scarlett from her sleep. She glanced at the grandfather clock, and it was 9 am. The smell of pancakes filled her nose, and Scarlett instantly got up.

"Did you sleep well?" Mrs. Miller asked Scarlett as she flipped the very thin pancakes.

"Yes, thank you." Scarlett peered over into the pan Mrs. Miller was cooking to see something that didn't look like pancakes. "The pancakes are so thin.."

"Oh, Scarlett, our pancakes are thinner than America's." She corrected with a tired smile. "Don't worry though, they taste just the same."

Scarlett nodded, and went back to the living room to pack the Book of Spells, which she had read about half last night. She tucked it back into her trunk, noticing a moving picture on the ground of a boy and Alicia smiling, then interlocking fingers. Scarlett guessed it was James, so she safely tucked the picture into Alicia's trunk.

When Scarlett came back into the living room, Alicia and Gus were down there too, holding their cats.

"Pancakes!" Gus smiled to Scarlett, as he places Ace on the ground and digs into his pancakes. Scarlett noticed here, they made very thin pancakes and rolled them up. She grabbed a plate of the odd breakfast and dug in. They tasted the same, better actually. After eating and thanking Mrs. Miller for the breakfast, she went to feed Daer, who was perked up when he saw Scarlett. She fed him his food, and he slowly ate it. Scarlett felt as if he was trusting her, but in the back of her mind she knew he was just hungry.

"Why don't you write to your mother and father? Just to get a head start on mail and Mrs. Miller can write on another paper for them to teach them how to send something back!" Mr. Miller suggested, giving Scarlett a pen and parchment.

"Okay, good idea!" Scarlett said, writing down the beginning of the letter.

Dear Mom and Dad,

"No honey, she needs to learn with ink and quill!!" Mrs. Miller politely took the pen from Scarlett and gave her an ink bottle and a quill.

"Sorry dear." He smiled, and Mrs. Miller kissed him on the cheek, earning a groan from Gus and Alicia.

Scarlett had never used a quill to write with before, so the experience was odd for her. She dipped the tip in the ink, and wrote very lightly on the paper. She realized it was quite easy, besides the accidentally blotches of ink she occasionally let slip, but she kept writing.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I am in London, and I wish you could be here. The wizard world is quite spectacular, most of the people I've met have been super nice! The Millers are so sweet! They have a son my age, so we will be in the same class, and hopefully same house! You know how the man who told up about my powers made coaster float over the coffee table? Well, I got a wand and at school I'll be able to learn how to do that! Except I cant show you until I graduate, because I'm not allowed to do magic outside of school. And I have a pet now! Its a cute owl, who has sent you this letter. His name is Daer. Isn't he adorable? I'll send you some owl treats for you to give him when he comes home to give you a letter. I love you, and I can't wait to see you in June.

Lots of Love, Scarlett

When Scarlett finished her letter, she gave it to Mrs.Miller who tied it to instructions and a bag of owl treats.