6|Let Go

"I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim - Anonymous"

SIX

Akeem tossed his sisters toys into the bamboo basket that was casted in the far corner of the living area. Liv and Maddie was playing on the television as both girls sleep heavily on air bed.
He manage to pull them close to each other with their Barney stuff in their grip. Anita had her thumb in her mouth, while Annika lay wide on her side of the bed. According to the Turners his sisters didn't sleep in the bedroom they had to let them sleep in the living room. The nightmares still haunt them too.
Just as he folded the blanket a knock sounded on his door, he quickly rush to the door before the intruder wake up his sisters with the loud knocking. He pulled the wooden door open to see a nervous Mark standing in front of him with binders and papers with a six pack of can coke. One look on his face Akeem knew that Lily push him to do this.
"You didn't show up at school, so I decided to bring school to you." He shifted on his foot with trembling smile.
"I'm kinda busy baby sitting," he said not wanting another male presence around his sisters.
"Lily told me that you had visitors and they'll be gone by the time school let out." He said. Lily really to shut that big mouth of hers. "Changed of plan, they'll be sleeping over." He said glancing back at his sisters still asleep.
"Oh," Mark stuttered as Akeem step back in pushing the door back. Mark step in to see that his apartment was a bit trash with stuff toys and spill snacks and kids box drink. He glance to the side to see two identical girls asleep on the navy blue air bed.
He could see resemblance in their faces that they we're his sisters. "What's their name?" Mark asked as Akeem shut the door. "Anita is the one sucking her thumb and Annika is the other." He walked over to turn down the fan pressure.
"They are such a beautiful gem." He commented causing him to stare at him. "I mean they are cute." Mark rephrase is wording knowing that the guy wasn't fond of his talking.
"Do us both a favor and talk our language, else I'm going to throw you out." He said as he bend down to pick up half eaten candy and chip bag. He nodded placing the binder and papers on the sofa as he went to put coke in the fridge.
After doing a mild clean up Akeem joined Mark on the sofa with his own books. "It's nothing much just some mathematics problems and a Literature essay about Shakespeare dilemma.
Akeem kept starring at his sisters hoping that they weren't having nightmares. Anita rolled over throwing her leg over her sister's as she pulled herself closer for comfort.
"Your watching them like they are going to flip or something. They are just sleeping." Mark stated watching him watch his sisters.
Akeem shrugged his shoulder as he stare into the book before him, avoiding Mark's gaze upon him.
"What did you get for equation ten?" Akeem decided to change the subject.
"Y equal negative 6." He answered as he glance into his spiral book to see that he got the same answer.

Half an hour Akeem stood showered wrap in a towel casted around his waist as a piercing echo through the apartment. He rushed out to see a shock Mark trying to sooth a terrified Anita who was screaming uncontrollably rocking back and forth on the mattress as Annika hid behind the sofa covering her ears from her sister screaming.
"Get away from her!" Akeem shouted in a tone Mark didn't recognize. He watch as Akeem grab Anita into his chest as he muffled her scream as she fight against his chest.
"It's not him." He hugged her tightly rocking her. Mark watch as something painful plasted against his face as he tried to sooth his sister. "Annika," he spoke causing the other girl to peer out from behind the leather sofa at her brother with tears in her eyes.
"She's ok," he assured her as she crawl on her knees towards him and cuddle herself into the group hug.
"It's best if you go." He turn to him say, without another word he turn and left feeling sad for what as occurs.
Akeem stood on his knees hugging both his sisters rocking them away from the nightmares that haunt them every time they shut their eyes.

It haunts them and he's scared what it will do if he isn't around.

So many times he wish he could he could do better, wish he could take scars from their skins, wish he could obviliate the memories that tainted their innocent minds.
So many tears he wish he could stop and so much time he wish he wasn't self or stubborn.

Half an hour later, he was fully dress placing a bowl of mac and cheese with sausages before his sisters with three forks inside.
"Eat up," he said taking a fork of mac and cheese to mouth. He watch as they both took their forks and bite into the warm Macaroni and Cheese.
"Akeem," Annika the older of the twin stuttered out. "Did we scare your friend?" She asked looking at her bruised skin.
"It wasn't intended," he took her hand and caresses it firmly. He glance over at Anita who decided to hover the bowl groping up her mouth. He smiled at her and she laugh with her mouth full. "Hope we didn't ruin your chance for a friend. We love to see you smile too." Annika took her juice and sip it.
"I love for you both to smile." He lean over and kiss both their head side.

Akeem shut the door of his gym locker as Mark approach him in the similar attire of Green Jersey material T-shirt with the school crest printed on his left chest and big white short.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, I didn't mean any harm." He started to apologize as some guy push him onto him.

"Newbie and poetic guy had a thing yesterday." Mark step from before him and glare at Zeke and his best bud Devon.

"Just leave us alone," Mark blurted out at them.

"So tell us how did you get newbie to talk." Devon step forward to glare at Akeem.

"I got a name dude, I suggest you used it." He threatened not in the mood to be picked on today.

Devon was ready to retaliate when Seth squeezed through the others and part them."Quit messing with Mark and Akeem." He said pushing Devon back.

"To the Gym ladies," Coach Pacey hollered slamming the door against the lockers behind it. The other guys rushed out leaving Seth, Mark and I.

Seth walk out as Mark turned to face him. "I'm really sorry." He started to apologize again.

"It's fine," he shrugged his shoulder as he walk towards the open door. "Are they both ok?" He asked out loud.

"We got class." He mumbled before turning to leave him alone in the locker room. He heared footsteps in room and a locker slam shut but no one came out. Which was weird. He glance back to see if someone was hiding but he heard Coach Pacey shouting for everyone to get together.