4|Let Go

"No matter how hard the Past. You can Begin Again- Buddha"

FOUR

Akeem step into crystallized building as the receptionist raised her head to the Ding of the door bell that he just entered. He walked up to her, Her silky black hair with bleach ends was pulled into one making a medium size natural puff at the top of her head. She had on a gray polo blouses with the company logo stitch over her right bosom.

"Akeem Foster, Ms. Leery is waiting on you." She smiled at him as he nodded towards her and head towards the stairs that lead to the office.

He decline using the elevator, he didn't trust the mechanic of it. They always break down plus it was useless to used when there is a power cut. He knock twice before the woman familiar voice shouted that he can come in.

"It's nice to see you Akeem," she smiled as she push the chair to get up. Her kinky air was bounded with a white hair band to match her white pencil suit with red pumps.

He drop his bag on the leather couch before collapsing on it, Ms. Leery join him removing his bag to the single chair beside the couch.

She watch as he slouch himself into chair, He was still blaming himself for protecting them. She would understand his struggle that he burdens with, no sane person could do such thing and not go insane over the bleeding matter of such an innocent yet brutal matter. He wasn't ready to talk and if there was one thing she learn in all her years of never force her patients to deliver. When the time comes they won't hesitate.
"Did you get a reply?" She asked wanting to know if the Pen pal decided to answer, because due to liable source he was planning on ending his life. If she knew how much that note did that day. She would like to thank her for writing that note.

"No, I drop it off yesterday." He answered. It's not everyday a sane person replied to an anonymous Pen pal note.

"That's good, tiny steps do count." She stated. She thought having a friend could lay my mind off the memories, so she push me to send back reply after she saw it fell from my book a day ago.

"How was work at the café?" She asked, leaning back slightly into the couch to stare at him.

"Splendid," he lied, as he remembered Lily pushing those bastards to their place because God knows he want to hit them them so bad. Plus that secluded guy name Mark that advice him "that they got nothing excited to do that messed with others life, apparently theirs wasn't beautiful." The damn dude spoke like them poet it was almost nauseous for him to digest.

He wanted to earn his own money, even though Lily parents didn't want him to but he still went ahead. He wanted to used his own money to buy something for his sisters birthday that's coming up. He couldn't wait to see them, God he miss them so much. He'll do anything to see them now.

"Are you sleeping at night?" Her voiced sounded pulling him from his thought. "Rarely, the demons know when to float."he shrugged his shoulders as a knock sounded on the wooden white door.

Ms. Leery glance on the door as she glance at the table clock to find out who it is. No one was due for the rest of the evening, Akeem was the last client of the evening plus the receptionist was gone for the evening. Quietly she stood up and head for the door with Akeem slouching further down into the couch.

She returned back into the office with a book in her hand. She hand it to him and he realized that it was for him because the familiar envelope was paste on top of it. Akeem stood up in his sitting position to retrieve the book.
The book was titled "Shoebox Love" It had a guy and girl holding hands with shoes in their hands walking to the park... Must be some sappy romance novel. He thought.