"Signed photos? You're giving out signed photos, Potter?"

Asshole alert.

Loud and scathing, Draco Malfoy's voice echoes around the courtyard. He's stopped right behind Colin, flanked, as he always is at Hogwarts, by his large and thuggish cronies, Crabbe and Goyle.

Growling, I glare at Malfoy as Maya and El get to their feet, to glare at him too.

"Everyone queue up!" Malfoy roars to the crowd. "Harry Potter's giving out signed photos!"

Well if anything, he would sell them.

"No, I'm not," says Harry angrily, his fist clenching. "Shut up, Malfoy."

"You're just jealous," pipes up Colin, whose entire body is about as thick as Crabbe's neck.

"Jealous?" says Malfoy, who doesn't need to shout any more; half the courtyard is listening in. "Of what? I don't want a foul scar right across my head, thanks. I don't think getting your head cut open makes you that special, myself."

Crabbe and Goyle are sniggering stupidly.

"Of course your jealous," I smile, "jealous of all the attention Harry gets. You want it all for yourself don't you."

"Eat slugs, Malfoy," says Ron angrily. Crabbe stops laughing and starts rubbing his conker-like knuckles in a menacing way.

Thanks for the contribution Ron, great help.

"Be careful, Weasley," sneers Malfoy. "You don't want to start any trouble or your mummy'll have to come and take you away from school. He puts on a shrill, piercing voice. "If you put another toe out of line -"

A knot of Slytherin fifth-years nearby laugh loudly at this.

"Be careful Malfoy," I growl, "jealousy is an ugly colour on you. I wonder why your so jealous? Have a crush?"

"Why would a have a crush on any of you filthy blood traitors?" Malfoy snaps.

"Well I was talking about having a crush on Harry, but whatever," I roll my eyes.

Malfoy opens his mouth but stops himself. Is he blushing? Nah, why would he be? Malfoy turns his attention back to Ron. "Weasley would like a signed photo, Potter," he smirks. "It'd be worth more than his family's whole house."

Ron whips out his Spellotaped wand, but Hermione shuts Voyages with Vampires with a snap and whispers, "Look out!"

"What's all this, what's all this?" Gilderoy Lockhart is striding towards us, his turquoise robes swirling behind him. "Who's giving out signed photos?"

Harry starts to speak but he's cut short as Lockhart flings an arm around his shoulders and thunders jovially, "Shouldn't have asked! We meet again, Harry!"

Pinned to Lockhart's side, Harry begins to go red, as I watch Malfoy slip back into the crowd.

Coward.

"Come on then, Mr Creevey," says Lockhart, beaming at Colin. "A double portrait, can't say fairer than that, and we'll both sign it for you."

Colin fumbles for his camera and takes the picture as the bell rings behind us, signalling the start of afternoon classes.

"Off you go, move along there," Lockhart calls to the crowd, and he sets off back to the castle with Harry still clasped to his side.

"Oh merlin," Maya gasps, "that was amazing. Did you see Harry's face?"