Two: Hey Cal

(A/N: Hey guys! Song for this chapter is One Thing by: One Direction. Enjoy!)

*get out, get out, get out of my head and fall into my arms instead*

***Abbi's pov***

When I wake up, the sun is bursting through the openings in the closed curtains of my bay window.

I'm startled by the body next to me until memories of last night flood back into my mind.

Calum.

I sigh and get up, opening the curtains and pulling on a pair of sweats and a flannel. I pull on a pair of clean socks, brush through my hair and walk out to grab some food.

After spending about a half an hour on the couch eating cereal and watching the older episodes of Spongebob, Calum trudges out. "Good morning." I call and smile at him and he gives me a brief smile through his groggy, tired state.

"Good morning, Abbi." He says and sits next to me. "You can have cereal if you'd like." I say and he nods, getting some. "So, what now?" He chuckles, sitting down beside me with a bowl of cereal in his lap.

"I don't know." I shrug.

What does he mean 'what now?' I don't know. Being friends might be too weird. But being more than friends is a big step.

He finishes his cereal and decides to leave. "I'll see you at school Tomorrow." He says and leaves and I pout.

"Oh, okay." I say and he leaves. I guess I should get ready for school Tomorrow.

I plan my outfit, shoes, make up, and hair, and write it all down. I pack my backpack with my A day binders. My Chemistry binder and my everything binder with my Lit and Comp notebook and pencil pouch.

I plop down on my bed and sigh. I hop in the shower, wash and blow dry my hair, then get dressed in jeans and my black jacket. I straighten my hair and do my make up quickly. I guess I could go to the mall.

I drive there and pick up some clothes for Tomorrow and dinner and head back to my apartment where I watch tv and go to sleep at ten.

My life really isn't fun.

Waking up the next morning, I put on one of my new outfits and take the city bus to school. When I get there, I get straight to my first class. Chemistry. It's advanced because it's college level but it's just a level up from High School level.

I'm in college by the way.

I take a seat and a seat next to me is taken up. I usually sit in the back so nobody sees me. Turning, I can see his smirk. It's Calum.

"I really want to try with you." He says and I blush. I'm surprised. "I thought you'd only want me for a night." I say and he shakes his head. "Nope, I want to take you out on a date Abbi how does Tomorrow night sound?" He asks confidently and I smile.

"Okay, Calum." I agree and he smiles, sitting back in his chair. He's oddly confident, he has never been confident. When we were partners in Physics Freshman year of High School, he was always shy and he didn't talk much at all.

In fact, I think he liked me. But it doesn't matter because I have a thing for Calum, I always have. "You seem...confident." I shrug and he chuckles. "Well when the girl you've had a crush on since middle school takes you to her apartment, you might get a feeling of confidence, yes." He says and I blush. I can tell he's just now realizing what he's said. "That long huh?" I ask and he chuckles and itches the back of his neck. "Oh ugh...yeah." He says and chuckles.

The whole period of Chemistry, the professor gives a lecture so I record the whole thing and Calum and I use our laptops to message each other back and fourth the whole time. "When's your lunch?" He asks as we're walking out of the room.

"Eleven, right after Health topics." I say and he nods. "Okay same, I just have Writing next." He says and we go separate ways. I sit in my regular seat and Ashton sits beside me like always.

"Hey did you end up going to the party? I didn't see you." He says, pulling out his laptop and I nod and do the same. "Yeah actually, I went but I didn't stay long." I say and he chuckles. "Did you go home with someone?" He asks and I sigh.

Part of me doesn't want to tell him because he would probably lecture me on why I shouldn't do that but I tell him anyway.

"Yeah, I went home with Calum... Hood." I say and his eyes widen. "What?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Nothing that's... great."

"Do you know Calum?" I ask and he nods. "I've been friends with him since High school." Ashton says and I nod. "Wow." I say and he nods. "You guys would be cute." Ashton says and I blush at the thought. "He asked me out on a date today in Chem." I say and he chuckles.

"Aw Abbi and Calum." He says and I chuckle. "He's really sweet." I say and Ashton chuckles. "He's a little shit." Ashton laughs. "Is he?" I ask and he nods. "Yeah, he's funny." Ashton says.

In the bottom right hand corner of my screen, an email pops up.

Email from calumthood@gmail.com:
Hey we should meet at the Starbucks around the block by the best buy.

I decide to email him back.

To calumthood@gmail.com: Okay, Calum sounds great :)

I show Ashton and he giggles with excitement.

Ashton is a frat boy. He's friends with doosh bags but I really love Ashton, we basically grew up together.

The class goes by faster than I'd expect and Ashton walks me to the end of campus, hugs me, and gets to his next class. I walk across the busy street to the Starbucks and sit at a table for two. Calum comes in shortly after and sits next to me. "Hey." He smiles and I smile back. "Hello." I say and we order drinks quickly. "Okay what class do you have next?" He asks. "I have Creative Writing." I say and he nods. "I have Calculus two." He says. "Cool." I say. "And then we both have Marine Systems right?" He asks and I nod.

We finish up our coffees and he walks me to creative writing where I sit in the back. I don't know anyone in this class. I just take notes with my laptop and walk to Marine Systems where I sit next to Calum and we smile at each other.

"Hey Calum."