Dead Woman Walking

Based on Dead Man Walking by The Script

Pairing: Oliver x Reader

Warnings: none

Words: 1118

You leaned against the wall of the dance club your boyfriend owns, the music pulsing in your ears as you waited patiently for him to show up. Everybody walks by you as if you weren't there, but you were used to it. The only person who did ever give you the attention you didn't want to admit you wanted was Oliver, the man you loved.

Oliver was on the other side of the club, by the bar, and a smile appeared on your face as you passed through the crowd of dancers to get to him. When you reached him, you noticed the shot glass in his hand immediately and the look on his face was... depression, no doubt about that.

You weaved your hand through his when he stood up and turned his back to the bartender as she began refilling his cup, but he was barely holding on. Confusion crossed your features as you furrowed your eyebrows together, resting your other hand on his shoulder as you gave his hand a squeeze. He still hasn't noticed you.

Okay. Okay. I see. You huffed and released his hand, stepping in front of him and grabbing his face with both your hands before bringing your lips to his. The kiss was long, lasting, but it did not feel the same as it had yesterday or the day before that. It was... different. And you were beyond confused.

Oliver took the last shot and made his way to the cave, you on his heels, following him down the stairs and stopping in front of the Arrow costume. You had always loved it, it gave Oliver that dangerous glint in his eye and it always set something off in you... and you loved it.

You smiled at Felicity and Diggle as you joined the three, but they didn't even look at you. You thought it odd, since they had always greeted you. Diggle with a small joke about you and Oliver dating, Felicity with a friendly smile and wave. You began wondering what was different.

"Did you find her?" Oliver asked.

"Not yet," Felicity said, typing away on her computer. "But I'm getting there."

On one of the computer screens, you noticed a picture of Laurel Lance. And, seeing the way Oliver's looking at the picture, you knew you were definitely missing someone. Laurel's missing, that much is obvious, but something else is at play here, and you were curious to find out.

"Who took her?" you asked, crossing your arms over your chest and leaning against one of the tables, rubbing your arm against Oliver's on purpose.

But nobody answered. Their heads hadn't even looked in your direction, and you were getting annoyed.

"Why isn't anyone answering me!" you yelled, yet they still hadn't looked your way.

"Did you find my sister yet?" Sara Lance walked down the stairs then, technically asking the same question as Oliver. You wondered when Sara had permission to come down here. Actually, you don't even remember her being alive. You were told she was dead. "Did you find Laurel?"

Oliver left your side and walked over to her as Felicity gave her the same answer as she told Oliver. You watched as he brought her into a hug, whispering to her that it'll be okay.

"Do you think it was the Doll Maker? He seemed to have a vendetta against Officer Lance," Diggle suggested with a shrug. "Maybe find him somehow and we'll find Laurel."

"If the Doll Maker kidnapped Laurel, he would have kidnapped Lance as well," Oliver said, pulling away from Sara. You could feel the sexual tension between the two of them from all the way where you were standing, and jealousy erupted through you. "I don't think it was the Doll Maker."

"I don't care who took her," Sara said, stepping forward. "Whoever took her is going to die whoever it is anyway. An identity doesn't matter if they're dead."

"It technically does," you said, but everybody ignored you.

And then Sara sighed, turning towards Oliver as Diggle and Felicity pretended to mind their own business. "I have to get to dinner," Sara told him. "Will you be here later?"

"For you? Yeah." Oliver smiled at her and dipped his head forward, connecting his lips with hers.

Your heart shattered. It felt as if you were slowly drowning. You were hurt, angry, and disappointed all at once and it was overwhelming. You began wondering how Oliver could do that to you? Especially when you were in the room as well.

But you stayed in your spot, quietly watching as Sara sent Oliver a small smile and waved goodbye to Felicity and Diggle. Once the door closed, Diggle turned to him and shook his head.

"What?" Oliver asked.

"You moved on awfully fast, Oliver," Diggle said. "Y/N died three weeks ago."

Oliver shook his head. "I didn't move on too fast, Diggle," he said, getting a little too defensive. "She would have wanted me to move on and so I did... for her. Y/N wouldn't want me to be caught up on her death so I'm not going to be. I already killed the guy who killed her, anyway.  What do you want me to do? Try to find ways in bringing her back?"

"No," Diggle assured him. "I expect you to grieve."

"I don't have time to grieve," Oliver snapped. "Y/N's dead. It's done. This conversation's done." And then he walked out, but you did not follow.

"Oliver," Diggle called, causing him to stop but not turn around. "The grief is going to hit you sooner or later. Best be now than later." But Oliver ignored him and continued walking.

You were dead. It all started making sense to you now. How Oliver didn't feel you hold onto his hand, how he didn't feel you kiss him, how nobody is acknowledging your presence or your input. It was as if you were invisible and, in all truth, you were. You were dead.

Tears started flowing down your eyes as you watched Oliver's figure disappear up the stairs. You were kind of sad seeing him move on so quickly, but you were relieved at the same time. You were happy to see him over you, he was right when he said that you wouldn't want him to be hung up on your death.

Someone was already in your place, and she was probably making him happier than you had ever been able to, which made you happy.

You were dead. You had been for three weeks. But you were stuck in a limbo. You didn't know how to leave peacefully, so you were stranded in between life and death. While you could touch and feel everything and everyone, nobody could see, hear, or feel you. You were in a ghost town...

... and you knew that you were going to hate it.

Part 2 can be found at Long Gone And Moved On