The Day I Fell In Love

Request: "Hi! I was wondering if you could do a Barry Allen x Reader one? Where the reader was struck with lighting too, and is a metahuman with the same powers as Barry? Then they have a day of trying to be better than each other(like coffee chugging contest, racing, fighting, ect), and then at the end of the day they go home and just get really cuddly(lots of fluff, if that's alright)... Love your writing!" by agentaprilwinchester

Pairing: Barry x Meta!Reader

Warnings: none

Words: 2863

"What's the difference between-"

"Jelly is made from the juice of fruit while jam is made from crushed fruit," Barry said, interrupting you. You looked over at him from your seat in S.T.A.R. Labs, both of you waiting for Dr. Wells and Cisco to show up while Snow was busy doing whatever on the computer in front of her.

"Okay, smart guy." You huffed and squinted your eyes at him. "How fast does-"

"The earth rotates 1,000 miles per hour." He hadn't looked up at you from his magazine, but you could see his goofy smile. "What year did-"

"Friends ended in 2004." You smiled. "When was the-"

"The Statue of Liberty began in 1875, and was finished in 1886." He finally looked up. "How many s-"

"There are 50 states in the USA." You straightened up. "Where did p-"

"Italy," Barry answered. "Pasta came from Italy. Why-"

"How do you two do that?" You looked at Snow, who was looking between both you and Barry, a look of complete awestruck on her face. "You didn't even give each other time to get at least five words in. How do you know what the other's asking?"

"We guess." Barry shrugged, looking at you from across the room with a smile.

"And how long, exactly, have you two been dating?"

"Seven months," you said at the same exact time Barry said, "six months." The two of you looked at each other, you squinting your eyes at him.

"April 5th," Barry said as you said, "March 7th."

You sighed in frustration as you stood up. "Really? You're really arguing with me on this?"

Barry stood up as well, stepped towards you. "Yeah. Yeah, I guess I am."

"What is happening right now?" Snow whispered.

"There's only one way to settle this," Barry said with a playful smirk, crouching into a fighting stance. "Right here, right now, Y/N."

"No." You shook your head and turned away from him. "That's just ridiculous. We're not doing that here. Nope."

Barry appeared in front of you, blocking the exit. "We're having an argument," Barry whispered in a seductive tone, the smirk still playing his lips. "You know the rules, Y/N. Rules are rules."

You bit your lip as Barry snuck his hand into yours. With a sigh, you rolled your eyes and nodded, opening your mouth to give in and agree to the game Barry wants to play, but you didn't have time.

Before you knew it, you were being thrown across the room, smashing your back against the wall of the lab. Caitlin gasped and got up, marching towards you. "Barry, are you insane?" You were on your feet by the time she reached you.

"That's cheap, Allen," you muttered, shaking off the vibrating feeling in your back. "Real cheap." You raced forward, pinning him to the ground before he had time to react, your hand wrapped tightly around his neck and your eyes fierce with competition.