3.

guys leave a comment telling me who you picture Keith to be.

The days leading up to Christmas seemed to go by agonizingly slow. Keith and I were both ready, ready for our first Christmas in our new house together. The Christmas music got louder with each day that passed but it didn't bother us.

Finally it was Christmas Eve. Keith and I were sat on our old couch watching Elf for the 30th time this season, piles of blankets shielding us from the cold outside, and the smell of freshly baked cookies and Christmas-y candles wafted through the apartment. It felt amazing. I felt safe and happy.

I heard our oven ding from the kitchen and gently pulled myself out of our fort of blankets to retrieve the cookies. The fresh sugar cookies looked heavenly as I took them out of the oven, not yet decorated but still perfect. Keith made his way into the kitchen and groaned as he caught sight of the cookies. I felt his hands wrap around my waist as I set the hot platter on our counter, my eyes fluttered shut as he started kissing down my neck.

"Merry.. Christmas... baby." he said in between kisses. I smiled and felt his hands rub my sides comfortingly.

As much as I wanted to continue this... session, I knew I had to get the cookies off the sheet before the bottoms burned. I squatted down to open a drawer holding the spatulas, feeling a light smack on my butt as I got back up. I laughed before turning around, holding up the spatula as a form of defense.

"Hands to yourself mister." I said with a smile. He threw his hands up in surrender and backed away to sit on the other side of the island.

"Yes ma'am" he said as he walked. He watched me as I scraped the cookies off the sheet and put them on a plate to cool. We both started singing along to "Frosty the Snowman" as the song came on through Pandora. Keith made his way into the cabinets to get all the things we bought earlier.

Our counter was soon filled with sprinkles, frosting, edible designs, food dye, knifes, spoons, and freshly baked cookies. It smelled amazing to say the least.

We spent the next hour decorating our cookies, listening to Christmas music, and making a mess. Somehow we ended up like a cliche movie with frosting on both of our noses and flour in our hair. I blame Keith.

"I hope Santa likes our cookies!" Keith said in mock excitement. I giggled as I took a bit out of one of our cookies. He gasped at me and threw his hand to his chest.

"How dare you, that was Santa's cookie!" he said, sounding like a 5 year old. I stuck my tongue out at him before taking the biggest bite I could, purposely finishing the whole cookie.

Instead of fighting back he chuckled before grabbing a cookie of his own.

Once we had finished with our cookies we decided to finish Elf before going to bed. Just as we both got snuggled into our love seat the phone rang in the kitchen. He sighed before gently detaching himself from our cuddle and walking to the phone.

Although I wasn't listening to his conversation I did hear a gasp halfway through. Soon enough he came running into our living room, almost slipping on the hardwood I might add, with the phone still held tightly to his ear. I laughed slightly as he regained his balance and tried desperately to mouth something to me.

"Uh-huh... yeah I can do that.. yep.. thank you so much... yeah.. ok I'll see you soon, yeah... alright bye." he said into the phone, the smile never leaving his face. I gave him a look of confusion as he hung up and danced a little bit.

"Guess who just got invited to be a groomsman at the wedding!" He said loudly and I gasped.

"Really? That's amazing babe, weren't they supposed to already have that worked out though?" I said as I climbed off our seat and gave him a hug.

"Apparently Tom got into a fight with one of his groomsmen so he asked me!" he said on top of my head. I smiled even though he could see it.

This was exciting.

"Talk about a Christmas miracle." I said with a smile as I pulled away from the hug. He nodded with a smile even bigger than mine.

"Should I like call my mom to tell her?" he asked. I shook my head, explaining that it was 11pm on Christmas Eve.

Elf ended shortly after but excitement was still hanging in the air. He smiled at me as the credits rolled through the screen. I accidentally yawned afterwards.

"Come on, sleepyhead, time for bed." he said as he picked me up bridal style. I screamed and laughed as he carried me up the stairs. Remember when Calum did this at the lake?

Woah, why did I just think about Calum Hood. I shook my head, trying to get rid of the thoughts, and focused on the amazing man that was currently lying me on our shared bed.

He found his way on the other side of the bed before turning off his bed side lamp. I cuddled into him as we both fell into a happy, peaceful sleep.

"Goodnight, beautiful." he whispered on top of my head before he drifted off. I tried desperately not to think of the times Calum called me beautiful but failed miserably. Eventually I found sleep with thoughts of my childhood bully an college love in my mind.