Chapter III

I quickly shut the door to my dorm room and side down it till I sat on the floor. I pull my knees to my chest and put my chin on them.

"Anna? You okay? You took you're ti-what happened?" She days while coming out of the bathroom in penguin PJ bottoms.

I shake my head and she kneels infront of me. "What happened?"

"Th-there was som-meone out-tside of the l-lot and they gr-rabbed me." I stuttered.

Casey wraps her arms around me and sits next to me. "Shh...your safe now. We will tell the school security about it tomorrow. Right now you need rest."

I nod and slowly pick myself off the floor. I grab my duffle and pull out my PJ bottoms. The fuzzy fabric slides onto my legs easily and I hop into my blankets. Casey flips the light off and I hear shuffling as she gets in her own bed.

"Good night, Anna."

I yawn before replying. "Good night, Casey."

πΠπΠπΠπΠπ

A screeching noise wakes me and I bolt upright. Casey groans and hits a rectangular box on her night stand. The noise stops and she sits up, stretching her arms as if waking up from a nap.

"Good mornin', Anna. Time to start the day." She says in a surprisingly peppy attitude.

"How in the world are you so happy?" I groan while laying back down.

"I don't know! Now get up, lazy butt." She shouts at me while entering the bathroom.

I slowly remove my blankets and get off of my bed. Goosebumps instantly appear on my skin. I shiver and move to my things. I pull out a simple grey shirt and a pair of faded jeans.

"I'm ready!" Casey sung while coming out of the bathroom in a simple white shirt and ripped jeans. "Come on, we got to go get our schedules."

I was about to respond when Casey grabbed my elbow and dragged me out of our dorm. My feet struggles to keep up with her fast pace. Other students glanced at us as we passed by.

She eventually stops and I fall to the floor and take sharp, ragged breaths. "How....in the world....can you walk....so...fast." I said in-between breaths.

"I was walking fast? Hmm. I guess it is just natural. Well, here we are. Let's get our schedules."

I follow her to a row of tables with teachers behind them. The alphabet was separated into four different parts and Casey left my side and went to the last table.

I take a deep breath before getting in line behind people for the third table. Eventually it was my turn and I gave the teacher my name. I was handed a paper and I head over to Casey, who was standing near the door.

"What did you get?" She asks as soon as she saw me.

"I don't know. I just go-"

I am interrupted when she grabs the paper out of my hand. Her eyes scan the paper and her face drops.

"Seriously? We have literally nothing together! Why do you have to be smart?" She pouts and hands me my paper.

I smile widely. "I will take that as a compliment. What do you have?"

"Art and music. Then a little bit of math." She says in a sad tone.

"Hey, it takes smarts to play a instrument and an imagination to draw. I got the brainpower go do science and remember history. Nobody really uses science except to blow things up in you high school class."

Casey laughs. "So true. Well....I'll see you after class."

"Yeah, see you." I wave to her and look down at my papers.

I look up at the nearest classroom numbers and see that I'm hundreds and a building off. I look down at my watch and see that I had about five minutes to find my class.

I brushed by many people and said many apologies before I finally found the right place. I rushed in and took a seat just as the bell rang.

I pulled out a notebook and a pencil from my purse and placed them on the desk infront of me. A few other students were sitting in seats, far away from one another.

This is how it is with smart people. We separate ourselves so we can think. The clock ticked closer to the bell and more people filled the room.

Just as the bell was about to ring, the man with the black Lamborghini stepped into the room and the last available seat was right next to me. A shiver went down my spine as my eyes came in contact with his.

A cocky smirk made its way onto his face as he walked toward me. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing, as it was becoming erratic. My heartbeat pounded in my ears as his footsteps got closer.

I squeezed my eyes shut as the chair next to me scratched at the polished floors. A throat clears and I slowly open my eyes and look at him.

"Y-yes?" I stuttered and scooted my chair ever so slightly away from him.

"I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Vincent Drekor." He holds his out towards me.

"Annaliese Morgan." I replied and gently took his hand. I pulled away immendently when his hand shocked mine. "You shocked me."

"I did? I'm sorry. I didn't mean too." He said, his eyes flashed a bright red color briefly before returning to the beautiful brown eyes.

"I did your eyes just-were they just-?" I stuttered, utterly confused while looking at his eyes, seeing if they would do it again.

He blinks and directs his eyes away from mine. "Uh...I am wearing contacts. They tend to do that. Side effect."

I opened my mouth to question him when the professor came into the classroom. I turned in my chair to face forward and opened my notebook. His gaze seemed to go to me frequently as I felt his gaze.

I bolted from my seat and packed my things as soon as the class was dismissed. My feet moved as fast as they could without tripping over others.

My feet finally slowed down when I reached my next class and I took a seat in the front row. I slumped against the back of my chair and blew out an exhausted sigh.

"Didn't think you could get away from me that fast, Annaliese."
--------------------------------------------------------------------