“You should go to the hospital J.” Ryan said.

“Why does she-what the hell happened in here?” Shane walked in, he was also sober. He started laughing then at Matt. Then he saw the bruise forming on my shoulder-blade, “oh shit.”

“Babe, you should go…” Jesse was worried, it was apparent.

I shook my head. Not wanting to waste time because I had only been hit, “no, it’s fine. Can we just go downstairs? Ice?” Ryan and Jesse nodded and “helped” me down the stairs. Then Shane came down supporting Matt.

Ryan and Shane left to make sure everyone got home alright. They checked in every 45 minutes to see how I was, and get me more ice.

After an hour, Matt had recovered but sat silent for another hour. He was now sober.

“Shit, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean it.”

“It’s okay Matt.”

“Have you seen your shoulder?”

“No.”

“Damn, I’m sorry. I wasn’t even mad. D was talking about it and whatever he said really pissed me off. I don’t even remember what it was.”

“I get it.”

“You shouldn’t have stepped in between us.” They both sighed.

                                          I soon fell asleep writing this on: October 17, 2010

I finally woke up-my arm was stiff as hell. I could bend my elbow and move my hand. But my shoulder couldn’t even move a centimeter.

I winced, then let out a groan that woke up all 4 boys-it didn’t help that they were all in the room with me.

“Babe! Are you okayy?!?” Jesse and Ryan both said, jumping up and coming to me. I laughed, they didn’t find if as funny as I did… “What happened?” “Are you okay??”

“Yeah, I just moved wrong-well, I tried to move my shoulder, but it won’t. So I can’t .

“Damn. I knew you should have gone to the hospital last night!” Jesse cursed.

“Jesse. We couldn’t have known….”

“Yeah bro, chill. We’ll take her now.”

“I’m def going to brush my hair and teeth first….”

They helped me up and into the bathroom. “This is going to be harder than I thought….

“Just, I’ll brush you hair. Then, just have to keep your shoulder very still….”

“Yeah.”

After 20 minutes, I was finally ready. On the way there Jesse was trying to talk me out of going to rehearsals. “The least that I won’t be able to so is the hand motions without this arm.” He sighed, giving up.

“Well Jordyn, how did this happen??”

“Someone punched me….” I repeated for the 5th time. The doctor didn’t seem to hear me.

“So you were in a fight?”

“NO. If I had been in a fight, this bruise would be on my face… look, I’d appreciate if you would look at me when I am talking to you. I may be a girl, but I am a human being that deserves your respect. I have a career to be concerned about.” This was not my doctor that I met when I came to California. And I was def going to be reporting him.

“Oh damn….” Jesse and Ryan said together. The doctor looked at me, astonished that I said something.

“What’s your job?” He asked in a most snotty tone.