October 16, 2010

Last night was crazy! All was well until Ryan’s house. We went to dinner then the dance. We arrived at Ryan’s, the party already in full swing. All of Ryan’s friends including Shane were there.

Ryan wasn’t too bad, just a little tipsy. He hugged us and let us change downstairs: which was “closed” to the general “public” <—his words.

It was 12-midnight. A half an hour later, Matt was wasted and I am sure glad that he is not my boyfriend. Ryan stopped drinking when I got there because he knows I don’t drink. He took the job of “protecting” me from the crazy guys. It was cute.

But then……

Jesse showed up. <—Ryan’s doing. Since he was over, I talked to Jesse. He was happy. He hugged and kissed me . Matt saw and at first he didn’t care. Then Jesse and I started getting closer. And his hidden anger exploded!

Jesse and I were leaning against a counter. Jesse on my left, Ryan on my right. We were laughing about something Jesse had done in the studio that day, when Matt approached, drunk and heated.

He shoved Jesse and yelled, “get the fuck away from her bro!!!”

“Matt? What’s your problem?”

“He’s my problem! He stole my fucking girlfriend!”

Ryan stepped forward then, “Matt, chill. You’ve had one too many to drink. Just walk away. Come on.”

He was trying to nonchalantly move him back. But it wasn’t working. Matt was hyped up. He dug his shoulder into Ryan’s chest. They were both trying to go in opposite directions. Ryan winced, Matt pushed harder. Ryan stumbled out of the way, Matt’s shoulder digging into Ryan’s scar. I was in front of Jesse.

When Ryan stumbled, I moved to catch him. Jesse went to help but stopped because Matt took a swing. Jesse ducked. “Come on Matt. Chill. We know a lot happened that day. Don’t let a few drinks screw things up; you wanna be Jordyn’s friend right?"

“Yeah, you’re right…” He stopped, but I knew better. Jesse was still on guard.

Matt took a step back, then wound up and took another swing, Jesse caught it and took a swing of his own. Hitting Matt, but not hard. Matt didn’t stop! But he hesitated. I knew he wasn’t going to stop until he hurt me. Cause I know he was really mad at me but was taking it out on Jesse.

Ryan was recovering and knew what I was about to do, “Jordyn, no!” But I was out of his reach. Matt was winding up. Jesse couldn’t react fast enough. Neither could Matt. It was too late; I stepped in front of Jesse and Matt. But turned around to face Jesse, as I did. His fist hit my shoulder.

Jesse grabbed me, then kicked Matt in the balls. He went down. Everyone was in a different room and had no idea what was happening. I didn’t make a sound. Honestly, I felt I knew how Ryan felt being shot. Yeah-that hard of a punch.

I have been hit wit pucks, baseballs, softballs, and my brother, but nothing compared to the punch of and angry, drunk, football playing hockey player.

They left Matt rolling on the floor. Ryan and Jesse were stunned. “Oh my god! Why the hell did you do that?!?!” Jesse exclaimed.

“It’s no big deal….” I winced as Ryan touched my tender shoulder, “I knew it wasn’t going to end until I was hurt, whether it was mentally, emotionally, or physically. Physically was going to stop him sooner.”

“You are a stupid girl,” he said with a small laugh.

“I’m not stupid. He already hurt Ryan. He was going to hurt you too. No one fucks with my boys. I don’t care who they are.” They laughed.