September 26, 2010

*heavy sigh* I wish I could say that I feel better, but, I don’t…….

I woke up this morning at the same time as Ryan, 10:00. “Can you help me with something if you’re uncomfortable, you can go get Shane…”

“What do you need help with?

“I have to go to the bathroom… I only need help getting up and walking….”

I laughed, “of course I can help you.”

The only thing sticking out of him now was the iv, so it was all good. I got out of bed and walked to the other side. He swung his legs towards the edge and sat up. I put my arm around his waist while he put his around my shoulders. With some effort, we stood up. It was surprisingly easy to support his weight.

We walked to the bathroom with him leaning on me even though it was his chest that was hit. It was still a bitch to walk even now. And I’m proud to say that neither of us felt awkward at all…

When he finished, we walked back to the bed just at simply as before. He sat down and there was a knock on the door. It opened and Dr. Martin walked in.

“Good morning, how are you?” He asked.

“Good, just going to the bathroom.”

‘Good, I’m glad you are up and about.”

“Yeah.”

I helped him lay down, “let me take a look.”

“What’s the verdict?”

“Are you ready for surgery?”

“Yeah, totally.”

“Alright, I’m going to go get my things, I’ll be back in an hour or so. Please take a shower, both of you. And I’ll be back.”

“Kay, cool,” he smiled. The doctor stood up, patted his shoulder and walked out. Ryan took my hand and looked at me. I rubbed circles on the back of his hand. He closed his eyes and spoke softly, “don’t let them cut a huge hole in me. Just take it out of the hole that’s already there. Please.” He opened his eyes. They were glistening with tears that he wouldn’t let fall. “Promise me? Please?”

I smiled a small tear in my eye that I wouldn’t let fall. “I promise. Of course.”

“Thank you. I love you.” He smiled.

“You’re welcome. I love you too.”

“Help me? I wanna shower.”

“Yeah. Can you stand in the shower?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.”

“Kay. Oh!” he looked at me funny. I laughed and helped him stand. “Before I forget, I talked to Jesse last night and he was wondering if he could come visit.”

“Yeah, of course. After my surgery I think….”

“Yeah.”

I got him into the bathroom. When he could stand by himself, I shut the door, picked up my phone and called Jesse. “Hey Jordyn, how’s Ryan?”

“Good, he’s taking a shower.”

“That’s good.”

“Yeah, he said you could come over. But after his surgery.”

‘They’re doing it today?”

“Yeah. The doctor will be back in an hour or so.”

“Kay, that’s cool. Just call me after it’s done.”