8. Cell Mate

Tré felt bad because he got Billie taken away. But he knew it was for the best, especially since he attacked and gave Mike a twenty percent chance for his sight to come back. Greg had said Billie would also be getting some form of therapy, he figured while Billie was away, he could get better.

                                                                                                ***

A guard pushed Billie into a cell, he blocked the door and unlatched the cuffs on Billie’s wrists. Billie was then shoved inside, he ran into a person’s chest. “Behave. Your lunch will come shortly.” The guard said. He then closed the cell and walked away.

Billie backed up and looked at the guy. The guy had long stringy black hair, blue eyes, and slight facial scruff. Billie thought he looked slightly like Kurt Cobain.

“Sorry.” Billie said quietly. He looked at the guy who was just slightly taller than Billie and Billie had a feeling that he was not to be messed with. The guy chuckled.

“Why apologize? That just shows your fear.” The guy said. Billie backed up and inched over to a corner, one shoulder against a brick wall and the other against the bars.

“I just…jail.” Billie said nervously. The guy rolled his eyes.

“Don’t be a pussy, man up.” The guy said. Billie narrowed his eyes. “I’m Bert, Bert McCracken.” The guy said with a smirk. Billie nodded and just stared. “You know, it’s polite to introduce yourself.” Bert said rudely.

“Uh, yeah. Billie Joe Armstrong.” Billie said nervously. Bert stepped forward, extending a hand. Billie flinched and pressed himself more against the wall. “Don’t hurt me please!” Billie squeaked.

“Uh, I wasn’t going to.” Bert chuckled. “People shake hands, don’t they?” Bert asked, clearly he was amused. Billie looked up at Bert, his hand outstretched. Billie hesitantly shook Bert’s hand. “See, that’s not so hard.” Bert said.

“Why are you here?” Billie asked.

“Same as you.” Bert replied. “The prison is too full, they move some killers here, until there is enough room in prison.” Bert answered. “But I won’t kill you, your hair is too nice.” Bert teased. Billie smirked slightly. He kind of liked Bert.