Chapter 4

Carl's pov

"Glenn! Open the gates!" I yell to the closest guard tower.

The gates quickly open and we go in being careful not to let any walkers in. I tell Monica to come out and meet everyone once we get out of the car.

"Who's this young lady?" Glenn calls from the guard tower.

"The names Monica! Monica Grace to be exact!" Monica yells up to Glenn with a slight nod of her head.

"Nice to meet you! Well I better get back to guard duty!" Glenn responds with a large grin on his face.

My dad tells me to go bring Monica up to meet everyone since he already asked her the 3 trust questions.

1.) "how many walkers have you killed?"
2.)"how many people have you killed?"
3.)"if you did kill any people, why?"

Everyone who wanted to join our group were asked the same 3 questions. We keep a close eye on people once they arrive, just to make sure we can trust them. Seeing what shape Monica was in and how/where she lived, we knew almost immediately that we could trust her.

Monica and I start walking up to the prison while Glenn, my dad, and Daryl had watch duty. We walk in and everyone says hi and that their glad to know I was back. But then their eyes look to Monica who's now standing slightly behind me.

"Hi sweetie what's your name?" Carol asks with a soft, sweet tone in her voice.

"Monica. Monica Grace." She responds quietly, acting shy.

"Aunt carol!" I hear Monica scream with joy in her eyes.

"Oh my god come here sweety!" Carol runs over to Monica.

Everyone looks at them hugging with a confused look. I just look at them with happy tears rolling down their cheeks. This is the first time I've seen Carol this happy, you know, since what happened to Sophia.

Everyone looks at them with now a happy look on their faces. Beth goes over to Maggie settling herself in her arms. Hershel does his best not to bump into them while he's walking over(you know since he has his crutches and only one leg).

Family. Long, lost, love.