Chapter 2

Monica's pov

   There was only about three of those things out there. I thought it shouldn't be that hard to handle, but I was wrong. I still held down the door while look out the small window next to it. I see my mom, my dad, and my little sister.

My heart shattered. I just gave up on holding the door back, hoping that the people that once used to be my family would just come and take me. I wouldn't want to leave this world anyway else than by my family. I just go into a blank silent state inside of my head.

"Monica!!! Monica!!! Monica!!!" Amber screams.

I look up at her and realize what is still happening. More of those things come to the door and it gets hard to hold them back. They finally bust open the door. I grab Amber and drag her to the kitchen to get knives. She doesn't move. A zombie has grabbed her leg. It's teeth so close to taking a bite. Then it happens, she screams in pain.

"Monica go!!! I love you!" She screams.

Those were the last actual words I here as my family and some other zombies tear her up. I run to the kitchen and get some knives and I go with a mad, strong, and slightly sad look on my face to go kill the things that were once my family and just regular everyday people. I run upstairs to my room, grab a bag, and start packing while panicking.

******1 month later*******

I'm running, panting down the street that I don't even know the name of by now. I try not to look back, but I can't help it. I heard those nasty growls behind me and then they all just stop. I see a boy about my age and two older men.

"Hello, nice to meet you." Says the one with the sheriff suit on.

"Are you alone?" Said the one with the crossbow.

"Yes, I have been for a month since this started." I reasoned.

"Would you like to come with us?" Says the one with the sweaty hair and the cross bow.

"Yes please." I say and go to them and just fall on my knees and start sobbing and crying.

It's going to be ok I thought to myself. It's all gonna turn out right.