Chapter 7

Hey guys! I know it's been long I posted, I wanted to make sure I completed the book so that I can post everything at once. That way I won't have to give any excuse for taking long to update.

Thank you for reading, God bless you. Please vote and comment. Thanks.

"This......." Annie said as she walked towards the end of the room we entered -before she finally touched the 11th bed from the door ".....will be your bed,......" she pointed at the chinese girl who has been in front of me the whole time. ".....and that will be your closet." Annie said as she wiped her tears and pointed to the closet.

"You can take the last bed and the closet too." She nodded at me. I was glad I got the last place, it felt a little private and it was darker than the rest of the room. We walked back towards the entrance.

As she walked towards the door, we followed her. I thought of asking her what happened out there but I decided to let it go, all I wanted at that moment was to get into the bathroom and wash myself.

She stopped at the door to the bathroom, her hand on the knob, she took in a deep breath, opened the door then stepped back. Her head hung, I could tell she grieved for Caroline. She finally walked to the door -the entrance to the room- and she looked back.

"He will start his experiment on Caroline today, but I don't think it's possible again since she is badly injured." She sniffed and left the room. The Chinese girl and I stood still, we have been like that since we got to the entrance of the bathroom. We were not sure of what to do. I went back to my bed while the Chinese girl entered the bathroom, I didn't want to go first because I wanted to take my time.

Immediately I heard the bathroom door open, I was glad the Chinese girl was finally through. I entered the bathroom and rushed to the toilet, the remaining urine I had been holding since I peed on myself was killing me. As I let it go, I felt relived, like a section of the pain I felt had been taken away.

I sat on the closet and scanned the bathroom for anything that will help me escape. There was a mirror opposite the closet where I sat, it was slightly above the toilet sink. In a flash, I imagined myself break the mirror and cut him into pieces with it.

I walked towards the mirror, I felt excited at the thought of what I would do with it. I ignored the ugly reflection that stared back at me. The mirror hung on the wall, I smiled at the thought that it was easy to remove. I lifted it from the wall only to discover that it was not breakable. I was utterly shocked to find was not a mirror made of glass.

I felt sad, really sad and hopeless. I quietly washed myself in the bath and cried while I did. After a long bath and the conviction that I did not smell bad again -thanks to the shampoo and soap- I took a towel that hung on the wall and left the bathroom.

After a delicious meal of rice and chicken -which I only ate once in a year - on new year's day at home-, I felt grateful for being alive. I washed my plate and thanked Annie for the food.

I felt tired and sleepy after the meal, Annie told us to take a nap.
I jumped on the matress and it greeted me with its softness and sweet fragrance. It was not long before I drifted into a long deep sleep.

***********
When I woke up, I felt like a new person, like I was not the one who went through all the stress and toture. Although some parts of my body where I had been injured still hurts I have never felt so good in a very long time. Everyone was asleep and tiptoed out of the room to the kitchen because I was hungry. I saw two plates of food and two glasses of milk covered and I knew it was for me and the Chinese girl.

I ate the bread and drank the milk, it felt so good and refreshing. I went back to the room and lay on my bed. Today had been really fine but even if it got better each day I would still want to go home.