Chapter 6

Don't let people lowly as sheep bother you, someone as high as a tiger.
-Chapter 6-
-Eveline's POV-
Dedicated to Cutie_Corner

After struggling to finish the last bite of sausage on my plate, I stare down that the mahogany table and wipe my greasy fingers.

Thaddeus was surprisingly good at cooking for having no eyesight, which was still an ordeal I had yet to warm up to. He was beautiful and almost perfect to me in every way, but the simplest thought of him not being able to see anything irked me. It made me pity him, which even I could tell was the last thing he wanted.

I rake a hand through my short brown hair. Why did it have to be so complicated? We were mates. I love him. He loves me. End of story.

"Eveline?" I look up to see Thaddeus sitting patiently across from me at the table.

"Y-yes?" I try to sound calm, but in reality, my hearts soars like a thousand birds through my body every time he speaks to me.

"I've been thinking, and I think we should have the ceremony for your title soon. For your safety, I mean." Apparently he's nervous too, as his body sways slightly with every word.

My lips twitch upward softly. "Of course," I whisper to him. He grins and stands up, beginning to walk over to me. His calloused hand lightly grazing the side of the table with every step as if it was his guide. It probably is.

When he arrives, he tucks one arm under my legs, an action the makes me shiver, and one arm under mine. I laugh loudly, "What in the world are you doing?!" He swings me up into the air bridal style.

"This." He pulls towards him and skillfully bounds up the steps then into his bedroom.

"Thaddeus!" I shriek. He tosses me onto his bed and I land with a loud thump and the springs beneath me creak. He rolls onto the bed seconds later and quietly stares at the ceiling. I lay my head on his chest and smile.

Having a mate was everything I made it out to be. I knew it would be long until I fell headfirst in love with him.

We sit in silence until I break it, "Can we do it tonight?"

"Hmm," he mumbles.

"You know, the ceremony. It's only ten right now." He raises an eyebrow surprised.

"If it's what you really want, then I can pull some strings." His eyebrows furrow in thought, and his lips purse together tightly. Suddenly I feel bad.

"I-I mean if that's too much then it's not a big deal if we do it another day-"

"No, no. It's fine. I was just thinking about how to get my mother out of her room," he laughs shakily.

"What do you mean?"

He smiles down upon me, "Ma rose, my mother rarely leaves her room. Every since my father died, she just wasn't the same." He pauses. "You know, she has the same name as you."

I quirk my head up curiously. "Is that so?"

"Mmm," he nods his head into my chest after laying down in it peacefully.
"I'll have some house maids help you get ready. You best start now." I stare at his lips while he mind links. The left corner always twitched as he thought. I find it funny that I already know all the little things about him.

"Thank you."
----------------

At first I find it quite odd for so many women to be dressed in formal attire while busily attending me with 'miss' and 'queen'. It only took me a second before remembering that this was my life now. I was royalty. In fact, one lady mentioned to me that although it was custom for someone like me to be trained by a former queen, I would pass that sector and simply be led by Thaddeus.

"Queen Eveline, miss, could you please turn around? I need to tighten your corset, miss." A tidy young women who looks to be my age, quickly moves her hands as I rotate. They had presented my with a long ball-like gown that was teal with lace patterns on the second layer (Picture above) before dressing me. The dress goes long past my feet and just so they can measure it, I have to stand on a tall platform.

It was smooth at the touch and I can promise that it's certainly the finest material I had ever worn. It took plenty of convincing but soon I persuaded them into allowing me to go barefoot as no one would even see my feet. "Miss, I believe your ready to go." My hair bounces in short curls when I step form the platform. The mahogany clock on the wall reads 7:50.

Thaddeus informed me that the ceremony should begin at 8:00 and that it would be a wolf's version of a wedding. Entitlements weren't taken so seriously as being mates was enough. I was also told that Thaddeus and I were in an entirely different wing of the castle, a part that we would hardly ever spend time in except for sleep. Very few select castle employees were allowed in here, one which was removed to another wing for today's outburst with pushing me down the stairs.

I'm led down the stairs and through numerous hallways and I concentrate on not tripping over my dress. Then we turn the last corner and an entire army sized crowd stares at me.

Here I go.