Chapter 4

Stars cannot shine without darkness.
-Chapter 4-
-Eveline's POV-
Dedicated to @NovemberRain16

"I'm Thaddeus' mate," she growls, looking me up and down.

"That's rather strange considering that I am." She flinches back but holds her pride, strutting out of the room. Thaddeus wraps his arms around me and my wolf purrs.

"Sorry ma rose," he breathes on my neck,"my guards shouldn't have even let her upstairs." Tingles surge through my flesh. "Can I mark you?"

I freeze, "I don't think that I'm comfortable with that quite yet." He growls lowly and buried his head into the pillow. I have to refrain from laughing when he innocently raises his head up.

"Can we at least shift together?" I become giddy and nod eagerly, grabbing his arm and pulling him up.

"Let's go!" We run downstairs and into the yard. "Shift," I demand. He takes off his shirt and pants and crouches to the ground. I block out all inappropriate thoughts and give my attention to him alone. Suddenly, hair sprouts from his toned skin. Not bothering to change my clothes, I do the same.

He has a light silver coat that looks so pure and perfect, but his wolf has an Alpha size. Beautiful. "What does your wolf look like?" Alpha's can mind link anyone on their territory in wolf form, so I smile at the opportunity to send him a picture of my wolf in my mind.

"Black. All black, my eyes stay the same. Pretty boring," I laugh.

"No, your beautiful." And I believe him. Mates have the power to do that, I guess. I smile and bend down in front of him, growling. Then I turn and take off through the tree line. He sprints behind me and his long legs allow him to catch up. I'm tall for a seventeen year old though, so I stay in pace with him.

We run for almost a full hour until I practically collapse from exhaustion. Thaddeus, of course, begins to worry and makes me shift and go back inside. He wraps the covers around me in bed and I snuggle in.

"Goodnight, ma rose."