Ambush

Ahsoka's POV

Young Ahsoka Tano rushed through the Jedi Temple, trying not to run into anyone important. She glanced at her watch and cursed, 5 minutes late. Anakin wouldn't be happy.

Sure enough, when she rounded the last corner there her Master stood, arms crossed, just inside the building.

"Cutting it a little close, don't you think, Snips?"

She skidded to a stop in front of him, breathing fast.

"Sorry Master! Master Yoda finished teaching later than usual. I had little time to get ready."

He nodded, slightly frowning. "Alright well, we can't do anything about that I suppose."

They continued walking towards the ship that waited outside.

"So," He said looking down at Ahsoka, "What we're you studying today?"

"Today, Master Yoda was speaking of....animals who naturally control aspects of the Force" Ahsoka recited carefully.

She glanced up at Anakin. "I thought it was kinda cool."

Anakin grinned, "That makes one of us. I was never really interested in that subject."

Ahsoka smiled in return, "No, I bet you were memorizing every part of a Jedi fighter, and the lightsaber forms."

They reached the frigate, and climbed aboard.

Anakin laughed, "Well Snips, your not wrong."

She smiled to herself, she hadn't thought so. Together they headed to the cockpit, where Captain Rex stood waiting.

He saluted Ahsoka and Anakin, "Commander, General. All the men are aboard sir."

"Thank you Rex." Anakin said.

"So, where exactly are we going? No one really told me." Ahsoka asked, as she sat in the copilot seat.

Anakin moved into the pilots seat, while Rex sat in the one behind him. "Aleen, the council is sending us, and the 501st to help the people recover from a Separatist attack."

Ahsoka frowned, "Ugh, another relief mission?"

"I know, I'd rather be fighting too, but these people do need help. Anyways, it should only take today and tomorrow."

"Alright, then let's get going." Ahsoka flipped the switches on her side, the slight hum of the ship filled the cockpit.

Before she could activate the engines, her Master stopped her.

"We still have one more person coming with us." He said.

Ahsoka looked over at him, "What do you mean?"

A voice from the back said, "He means me of course."

Rex stood and saluted as General Kenobi walked in.

"Master Kenobi! Master Skywalker didn't tell me you were coming." Ahsoka said.

Anakin glared at her, "I didn't know it'd be Obi-Wan. I only knew the Council was sending another General with us."

Obi-Wan sat behind Ahsoka with a chuckle.

She turned to the controls again. "You didn't tell me that either."

"I was about to." Anakin switched the engines on and the ship roared to life.

"If you two are quite finished, I believe we have a mission." Kenobi said.