This unnerved me. Making my body shake with rage and jealousy. “I’ve got time now.” Rose gave me a nod and steered Adrian away, walking so close to him I would have ripped his head off if he wasn’t a royal. “See you later, Guardian Belikov.”

I continued to stare Adrian down until they turned a corner and were out of sight. Mason I was okay with, but Adrian. He was bad news, and would never love Rose the way Mason does. And for a short moment I felt sympathy for Mason. He must be in hell right now seeing Rose all over Adrian.

Shaking my head I dismissed Rose’s love life. She could do whatever she wanted with the both of them. Although Adrian was an adult, they could get in serious trouble if caught doing something out of line. And for a second I considered the idea of turning them in. But dismissed it immediately, if Rose was happy then I’d have to learn to be as well.

Sighing I walked back into the main room that was a mass mob. Pushing my way through people I found Tasha in the center of the stage smirking at all her haters. Rose’s actions still stung. But I willed it down as I made my way up on the stage and next to Tasha.

She whispered in my ear, “I think I’ve started something that will change Moroi history forever.” I could barely hear her over the angry sounds coming from the mob below our feet.

I nodded. “Yes, but let’s get you out of here before you try more offensive magic on innocent people.”

She scoffed at that but let me drag her through the room, out into the hallway and all the way back to her room. We, or rather Tasha, got a lot of stares, some even went out of their way to glare and “bump” into her.

By the time we reached her room I was practically running. She opened the door, smiling like a maniac. “I’m sorry I dragged you into all of this.” She turned back and looked up at me, blue eyes full of questions and fire. They way Rose looked at me in the gym the day we kissed. Hastily I pushed that memory away; I couldn’t let her get in between Tasha and me.

I returned her smile. “It’s fine, I just want you safe.”

Tasha giggled at that, and I hadn’t realized how much I missed her laugh. “Well I’m safe now, and really exhausted.”

I nodded. “Of course,” I said and started to back away from her door so she could close it. But her small hand stopped me. “What?”

Tasha smiled brightly at me and gestured inside. “Care to join?”

Oh how tempting that was. Filled with anguish I shook my head. “I’ve got guardian business to take care of.” I wasn’t lying, but I wish I was.

Sadness and rejection masked her features, as she nodded. “Of course, that’s what you have to do.”

I placed a hand on her cheek, right over her scar. And I pretended for a moment that the skin under my hand was smooth and untouched. Without saying a word I leaned down and kissed her, sweet and light. But enough to make my heart race. And when I pulled back I could tell by the way her eyes lit up that I had caught her by surprise.

Without saying a word I left her, standing there confused and awed at the same time.

When I arrived back to my room that’s when I took in a deep breath. Her lips may not have that electric feel Rose’s did, but it was nice. And I found myself wanting more.

Eventually I picked up my cell phone and called the Guardian council. Asking if they had any more information on the Drozdovs incident. They reported back with enough information to get somewhere. Which led me to my next call, the Moroi Government. They reported the same thing and told me that we couldn’t do anything as of right now. Which made me mad.