Chapter Two: The Home Storm

"You've got to be mad." Curtis was still yelling at Jez "They are putting you in front of the Seven Ambassadors Jez."

The seven ambassadors were the rulers of the Seven Divisions, each one ruled their own Division in the Universal Nation. They were only ever called out to court when a sentence could not be determined or if it involved transferring a special prisoner to another Division for punishment.

Jez was strapped down, unable to move her arms and legs, she was wrapped tight in chains as a level one risk to security. She had been lying in a dusty cell all night listening to Curtis yell at her for being so stupid. "Jezebel Dunan." The prison guard opened her gate.

"Why did you give them your full name?" Curtis muttered, knowing she could not answer.

The guard untied Jez, he unwrapped her legs and then her arms; he then took a chain and fastened her legs together to minimize her movement. Jez was forced to move forward, she wasn't going to let them know how she could get out of the high security prison. She knew what it was like to have your ego wounded.

Jez was stopped in front of two white reflective double doors; she couldn’t help but noticed that she looked like hell. Her guard stood next to her, "Jez I found your case file." Curtis announced proudly "You cheeky little blighter."

Jez smiled a little, Curtis had now worked out her reasoning for being captured and giving away her name.

There was a dim ringing and the doors opened and revealed a pure white room. There was no determining what was floor or ceiling due to the pure whiteness of the room.

In the back of the room, opposite from where Jez and her guard entered, there was a small alcove high above Jez in which seven people sat in a straight line, all looking over her as she entered. The Seven Ambassadors, the rulers of the Universal Nation. There were two women and five men that were looking at Jez with speculation. They were all obliged to speak English as this was Jez’s home tongue and also the tongue of one of the Ambassadors, which meant they already knew her language.

Jez had given them her name and with her name they had the ability to work out what her past had been. Her past which she kept guarded so closely, which she never wanted anyone to know, would now be known to the seven most powerful people in the universe.

The woman on the far right of the line of Ambassadors had a pale face with dim grey eyes, her hair was almost transparent, she had a passive face which suited her position quite well. She was Ambassador Melinda Cartwell of the First Division aged fifty four as of last week. She was of the Devlison species, highly intelligent and passive by nature, they were hardly ever involved in cases such as these, as their race seldom left the comfort of their own Division.

The man next to her was Ambassador Maxwell Crawly of the Third Division aged thirty five, he had thin dark hair accompanying his small speckled face and common brown eyes, he was human but more than half a Devlison. Despite his unremarkable appearance he was one of the more popular Ambassadors, as he was legendary among the Divisions for holding the most splendid parties. He was of the human species, humans were commonly travelling to  other Divisions and gaining control. But humans were still passive in the eyes of the higher Divisions.

Next to him sat Ambassador Ukil Hum of the Fifth Division aged twenty seven, a man known for his good looks and the youngest ambassador on the Committee, a Gihli. A good hunter but far too arrogant for his own good. He had at thick cascade of golden hair, he was more groomed than Jez ever was. He was good-looking but not in any way innocent by nature.

The woman sat on the far left of the committee was Ambassador Penelope Phoenix of the Second Division, aged thirty one. Part of the Crucifil species, they were always easy to tell as they had red scales along their otherwise human body. She had black short curly hair and tiny eyes that darted around the room like a cat. She was small in size with a sharp face. To Jez, Penelope seemed the most unremarkable creature in the room.