Chapter 21

******Not Edited *******

Zayra waited for Roman to pick her up. She had changed clothes like three different times. She was nervous. She hadn't seen him in weeks. She missed him. She wondered if he missed her too. She smiled, tomorrow she'd be in Peru. She checked her appearance and sighed.

Enough Zayra, she scolded herself.

You've officially become a girl.

*********

Roman drove inside the gated home and felt his heartbeat erratic. He wanted to see her badly, his hands shaking in anticipation. She was his and he missed her very much. Each day seeming longer and longer. He kept busy of course but it didn't matter, he still thought about her.

He got off the car and made his way to the door. He rang the doorbell and heard Joshua's voice screaming that he'd get the door.

His green eyes smiled at Roman as soon as he opened the door.

"Hey Roman." He opened the door wider.

"Hey Joshua. Happy Hanukkah."

He smiled then. "Thanks. I'll go tell Zayra you're here" and ran to the stairs.

He was led to the living room. He sat down a nearby chair. They had to leave soon so as to not get traffic. His godfather had indeed sent his jet for Zayra and Roman.

He saw Joshua walking down the stairs with another guy and girl. Joshua led him toward the living room and stopped in front of Roman who stood up to greet them.

"Roman this is Angie and Ryan."

"This is Roman, Zayra's boyfriend."

They shook hands, he smiled at the girl who began to blush. He was used to that. The guy looked at Roman, assessing him. His jaw clenched his eyes dark.

So these were Zayra's students, thought Roman.

He looked up as he saw movement. Zayra walked down the stairs with her bags, he excused himself to help her with her luggage. She had a large suitcase and 1 regular rolling case and a large tote. She smiled her jade eyes landing on his face.

His breath caught in his throat as he watched her move. She wore jeans, layered shirts a camel colored trench coat and tan boots. Her hair was gathered up in a top knot accentuating her face. She made the last step and he grabbed her by the waist. She hadn't expected it. She dropped the bags she had dragged down the stairs.

Whoosh

The air from her lungs expelled from her mouth as he crushed her to him. She grabbed his face to smile at him. He looked at her eyes before kissing her. She tasted exactly like he remembered, sweet like honey and berries. His eyes darkened, it was going to be a very long trip. But they would be by themselves.

Her eyes darkened in color as if reading his thoughts.

"Hello Roman." she said shakily.

"Hello beautiful." he said close to her ear, his nose brushing it sending shivers up her spine.

She had to smile again, but as she looked across the room she saw everyone staring at them, well Ryan glaring at her. She pulled herself away from Roman, ready to go.

"Come on, we don't want to miss our flight." she smiled at him.

He began to grab all of her luggage. She walked through the living room to say goodbye to them. Emily and Jeremy were out, she had already said her goodbyes to them both early in the morning. She let Angie hug her goodbye and she nodded at both Ryan and Joshua.